Berkey travel filter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
GO BERKEY KIT. New, unused. cost £115, will exept £75 fees and delivery paypal only. Thanks for looking.
Includes
1 x STAINLESS STEEL GRAVITY WATER FILTER HOUSING
Capacity - Approximately 0.95 Litre
Stylish, Durable, Stand Alone Stainless Steel Gravity Water Filter / Purifier Housing
1 x BLACK BERKEY WATER PURIFYING ELEMENT
1 x Generic Berkey Sport Bottle complete with Purification Element
Purpose Made 3 Compartment Carry Bag
The all new Go Berkey® Kit is the designed for backpacking, hiking, camping, mountain climbing, college students, world travel (business or vacation), the stainless steel housing is also ideal on your desk at work or by the bathroom sink for teeth cleaning, filtering water for a cup of tea or 2 and hundreds of other activities. The generic Sport Berkey® portable water purifier bottle is perfect for when you are out on the trail and the Go Berkey® system works great for passive purification back at the campsite, lodge, etc. The Generic Sport Berkey® portable water purifier bottle can also be used to prime the Black Berkey® Purification Element when water pressure isn't available.
Either the Sport or the Go Berkey System can be stored in the fridge.
As with all Berkey water purification systems, the Go Berkey® Kit is great during unexpected emergencies. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for outdoor activities and hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
The Go Berkey® system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces unhealthy heavy metals such as lead and mercury without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs.
Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel the Go Berkey® Kit comes complete with one Black Berkey® Purification Element, one generic Sport Berkey® portable water purifier bottle and a vinyl carry case This system has a storage capacity of about 1 quart (.95 liters) and when in use it stands 14” in height with a diameter of 4”. The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 10” in height. Weighing a mere 2.4 pounds the Go Berkey® Kit is lightweight, easily transportable and perfect for people on the go.
Configured with one Black Berkey® purification elements the system will purify up to 3.8 litres per hour; that's 91.2 litres per day if the system is refilled continuously.*.
* Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
BLACK BERKEY® WATER PURIFICATION ELEMENTS
LEAVING BEHIND ALL THE HEALTHFUL AND BENEFICIAL MINERALS THAT OUR BODY’S NEED
PATHOGENIC BACTERIA CYSTS AND PARASITES
removal to non-detectable levels: E. coli - Klebsiella - Pseudomonas Aeruginosa - Giardia - Cryptosporidium
TRIHALOMETHANES removed to below detectable limits: - Bromodichloromethane - Bromoform - Chloroform - Dibromochloromethane
RADIOLOGICALS removed to below detectable limits: - Radon 222
INORGANIC MINERALS removed to below detectable limits: - Chlorine Residual
ALSO REMOVES OR REDUCES: - Nitrates, Nitrites, Rust, Silt and Sediment., Herbicides, Pesticides, Detergents, Nitrates, Nitrites
HEAVY METALS reduced by up to 95% - Lead, Mercury, Aluminium, Cadmium, Chromium
and much more!
Black Berkey® purification elements are re-cleanable.
When the flow rate decreases simply brush the Black Berkey® purification elements with a soft sponge under running water, reinstall and your system is again ready to purify water.
Each durable and efficient purification element will last for up to 11,400 Litres (22,800 Litres per set of two) and provide years of efficient water purification.
Black Berkey® purification elements are self-sterilizing.

Last edited:

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Hi

It is all my personnel stuff. Some drunken idiot crashed into me head on in his car I was on a motorbike. I nearly lost my right leg. I got a compoud open fracture of the tibula and fibula. The bone did'nt unite properly and I can't carry any thing anymore it's way to painful. The worst thing is I can't walk over rough terrain,I'm just to afraid of twisting my ankle. So my Camping and bushcrafting days in the field are over I'm afraid. All the kit was doing was sitting in the loft. I always was into camping and the outdoors. Bought all the gear new and had the accident about 3 weeks later, nightmare. So I'm thinking of starting a school doing courses in armchair bushcrafting. LOL.

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE IT RUINS LIVES.

Gav.

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
A quick note on the Berkey. These filters will clean water and remove more contaminants than any other portible filter available on the market today. It is second to none.
It must be good they use them in all the royal housholds. If it's good enough for the Queen.

effzedess

Apr 29, 2010
Peterborough
Shocking! I'm gutted for you and sincerely hope that things work out better in the long run than your current prognosis.
What were you on? Can you still ride?

Effzedess

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Really Sorry to hear that Gav , If you were closer mate I happily go out on a jolly with you into the bush. What a bugger..

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Hi, Eff

I was on a 125 pantheon. needless to say it was a complete write off so was his car. I definatly won't be riding again, it's way to dangerous especially in london the traffic is horrendous., I was close to death a lot of people with injurys like I had die of shock and blood loss, there was a 4" flap of skin holding my leg on to the rest of it. The thing was about 2 weeks earlier my dad had his right leg amputated because of blisters he kept getting. It would have made a great family photo.

Last edited:

GreyOne

Apr 12, 2009
N Texas
Just bought one of the Go Berky sets a couple of weeks ago, and used it in a hunting camp last week. It works well, but a few notes might help.

First, the flow rate in the advertisement are based on keeping the chamber full all the time. Unless you can set there and refill it every 5-10 minutes, that is not going to be happening. I filled it, and often got back to it a couple of hours later, or even several hours later. It will, under those circumstances, perhaps put out enough water for
two people for cooking and drinking- barely.
Second, the filter element fills the upper chamber rather fully, and that makes it a bit hard to fill without splashing unfiltered water about. You will need to develope some good technique to prevent contaminating the filtered water chamber.

Finally, the unit is rather narrow and tall when in operation, and it needs to be put on a solid base preferably nest to a stout vertical surface, so it won't get easily tipped over.

I like the GoBerky unit, glad I bought it, but it is a tool you need to learn a bit about to use it properly.

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Hi Jerry.

Thanks for the info, I have a 4 filter one I have stored away incase of emergencies.I haven't used it but I bought my brother one, but he only uses the 2 filters, he likes it. uses it for tea, coffee, brushing his teeth topping up the fish tank ect.. It definatly improves the taste of tap water. They would be good for travelling in foreign contries.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE