Berghaus munro with plc zips

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have just got a berghaus munro pack, that fitted with side zips to take the side pockets from the larger packs, has anyone else got one like this ?.

Rob

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I used a similar set-up last year for a short trip. My Munro didn't have zips but the side pouches attached nicely using the compression straps thru' the loops on the pouches. I used a couple of straps over the top to give the pouches extra support.

The Munro's waist strap might as well not be there for the use it is, and the basic bag plus the two pouches can add up to quite a load when packed and without some form of support from below; a webbing rig or perhaps a response pack or some such, it can be a lot to carry just on your shoulders.

Munro1.jpg

Munro2.jpg

MunroPouches3.jpg

MunroPouches2.jpg

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks for your reply. I thought the same, i got the pack as a day pack, its new, & the zips if not a factory option, have been done proffesionaly. It will probably do fine for taking on aircraft, & walking with wooflady, when i end up carrying the 6 or 7 coats she wants to take with her, so just bulky items with little weight.

Rob

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
In the past there wasn't an issue day pack that had zips/clips for the rocket packs so lots of the guys got it done professionally. Not many manufactures offered them either so I think yours would one of these. The Munro is a great pack.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
They sell them at rvops I think, no , maybe military first, someone does anyway.
Wouldn't mind one myself but got the old style anyway.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks folks for your input. Not realy sure if its the pack for me, i had my mind set on a karrimor 35 with side pockets, so might move it on not sure yet.

Rob

miles888

Jan 6, 2012
peak district
hi folks miles888 the daysack you mention is great provided you watch how you pack it for comfort, rvops do the added plce zips
i have webbing belt order with berghaus munro/plce set n find it bit bulky but not as bulky as large bergen
ive a short back lenght so this set up works for me
cheers

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Ah Berghaus Munro had one for 18 years used and abused for everything. GREAT daysac, Wish I had another, my waist belt was just a 1 inch strap with buckle clip

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE