Berghaus cyclops

Jan 15, 2012
essex
I got a roc, its 70 or 75, cant remember, side pouches are 5 i think, can fit two 1lt sig bottles in each one with space left. mess tins with room on the sides and about 5" in hight left. great sack, never part with my one.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks folks, you truly are a wealth of information.Limaed, its advertised as a cyclops crusader. One more question, are they a standard size, or do they come in different sizes ?.

Thanks again for your help.

Rob

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
The pack i've seen is a size 3, anyone tell me what size that is for ?.

Rob

The old crusader used the old cyclops back system and they came in 3 sizes 1 was the shortest 3 the longest. It relates to the back length of the rucksack.

The current cyclops back system is called cyclops II and uses 4 sizes I take a 3 in the old type and a 4 in Cyclops II

HTH

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Td the salient does indeed look a good pack. Ive got a 65ltr karrimor, which i've had a long time & fancied a change, & the chance to do some more walking this year, has purred me on. The one i've seen is fairly cheap, i i thought i'd give it a go.
Johnnyboy, if that size fits you, how tall are you ?.

Rob

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Not 100% but I think a 3 will be your size. Guess you could try and contact Berghaus to make sure?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Td the salient does indeed look a good pack. Ive got a 65ltr karrimor, which i've had a long time & fancied a change, & the chance to do some more walking this year, has purred me on. The one i've seen is fairly cheap, i i thought i'd give it a go.
Johnnyboy, if that size fits you, how tall are you ?.

Rob

Goof,

I'm 6'3"...

The important thing in rucksack selection is back length which may on may not correlate to your height.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Johnboy is right,there are tall people with short backs & vice versa........... measure your back from the bony lump at the base of the neck to the small of your lower back......I know the one you're considering, so plenty of time yet.;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE