Bergans Lavvo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland
http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/927-Bergans-Lavvo-S-4-6-Man-Tipi-Tent/
Anyone got one?
Looking for as much info as I can get before deciding if its right for me.
It will be principally used motorcycling so seems perfect pack size wise.

My concerns are the lack of an inner and I'm not familiar with using a separate ground sheet that is not sewn in.
Also the hh figures are 3k for the fly and 5 for the ground. Seem kind of low figures? My vango ark has a ground sheet hh of 10k and is a third of the price.

Price wise there is a huge gap between this and the helsport lavvu/tentipi's. Are they worth the extra?

Any pics you can share would be much appreciated.
Thanks a mill:)

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
don't know about the Bergans, but have a Bison lavvu without a ground sheet (just use a neoprene tarp on the ground). TBH i was a bit worried about not having a sewn in ground sheet but, after 8 years of use, i really don't miss it at all. Granted, you can get more of a breeze round the edge but having a separate ground sheet gives you far more flexibility for cooking inside, or wood burners.
don't worry about the HH, i'm sure it'll be more than sufficient for uk weather (even after today, lol!)
I'm sure somebody here will be able to give you more info, just my thoughts

Baggins

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE