Bergan Yoke - Straps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I've got a PLCE Bergan Yoke (one that takes the side pockets, not the
webbing one) off a friend, but he's lost the main straps :oops:
They're the ones that go from the shoulder straps down, over the front.

Here's a pic of what i'm on about, (they're the one's at the bottom of the image)

dpwsh1ux500e.jpg

Any one got a spare set of these kicking about?

cheers ;)
Carlo

A

Anonymous

Hi

If it is just the webbing straps that clip onto the main shoulder straps you should be able to make them up fairly easy, you can buy all the clips and webbing that you need from one of the outdoor fabric retailers like point north or pennine outdoors, failing that i have even seen the webbing and clips in B&Q.
Hope this is of help, if you need to know any details of length of straps let me know as i have a bergen with the straps i could measure for you .

Best of luck

Michael

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I JUST came on here to remove this post!
Cheers for that Michael, but i've gone and bought a set from somewhere online :(

Got it setup, but not 100% sure that it's together right (on single pocket setup, double seems ok), the bottom set of clips on teh yoke can't seem go anywhere if i want the straps to connect to something.. (i'm going to get some pics together and post what i'm on about)... i'm thinking the botton buckles on the yoke connect into the belt.

Cheers :)
Carlo

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I dont think that there meant to be used on a single pocket set up. But I could be wrong??

try threading the belt loop through the two back loops on the PLCE side pocket that keeps the bottom of the yoke from riding up.

cheers

John

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I think you might be right about the single pocket setup, but i was sure i'd seen it in a picture somewhere online, i'll have to see if i can find it.

Just tried looping the belt back through, that's worked a treat, cheers :)

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I've seen it on an online picture too. It's here
http://outdoors-magazine.com/s_article.php?id_article=103

in all fairness the author mentions he had modified the setup.

I think you probably need to add 2 male buckle halfs to the yoke to allow the side pocket to clip to the yoke properly.

As an aside PLCE side pockets DO NOT fit the older style Berghaus Crusader rucksacs but DO fit the newer Berghaus Vulcan rucksac.

Ah bitter experience.
:wink:
John

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
You can use the pockets as a single item too, the waist strap of the harness fits thru two loops on the back of the pocket. I use this single pockets for days out in the woods, as well as for the "bug-out" bag for in the car (I wrote the article!).
Hope this helps.
Neil1

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE