Belts....finally....i hate 'em

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
i dont like making belts. at all. the first ones are monsters...mostly 2inch wide...thick 4mm leather....all handdyed....the stitched ones are backed to protect stitching....a few of them need final coats of wax/finish....hope you like

a

BELT4LOW_zpsad710b7e.jpg

BELT5LOW_zps4e34c595.jpg

BELT6LOW_zps9969404f.jpg

BELT3LOW_zpsabb67b77.jpg

BELT1LOW_zps7b50e91b.jpg

BELT2LOW_zpscc573cc9.jpg

BELT13LOW_zps1d77c5fc.jpg

BELT14LOW_zpsfef6f9f3.jpg

BELT15LOW_zpsca79aef6.jpg

BELT12LOW_zps7ad81971.jpg

BELT11LOW_zps9be14a5a.jpg

BELT10LOW_zps4979ffec.jpg

and tried a few new colours out recently....

SAMOSACOLOURLOW_zps201a697f.jpg

also....can you please educate me on why the f1 is so popular?....a customer asked me to do him a sheath for his and sent me it in the post...i think its possibly pound for pound the worst knife i've ever held.

F1LOW.jpg

Last edited:

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Angst, I was meaning to ask you: Your logo is very reminiscent of how the standard of the Kings of Gondor is described in the Lord of the Rings.

Is this deliberate?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo wook...no...but i can live with that....i'm a big fan so also slightly ashamed i didnt know that....glad my trees a bit healthier looking tho lol

a

Angst, I was meaning to ask you: Your logo is very reminiscent of how the standard of the Kings of Gondor is described in the Lord of the Rings.

Is this deliberate?

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
yo wook...no...but i can live with that....i'm a big fan so also slightly ashamed i didnt know that....glad my trees a bit healthier looking tho lol

a

Tolkien himself never drew it to my knowledge, it was only described. But attached is one impression of how it was meant to look.

They are very nice belts. I'm sure you could get away with much less beautiful work and still have happy customers.

Good to see a craftsman who goes the extra mile regardless.

Attachments

• 225px-White_tree_500_BG.jpg
    225px-White_tree_500_BG.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 5

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
aha...the tree in its prime....think i'll stick to mine though as kerne would go mental if i asked him to do me a stamp with that on lolol!

Tolkien himself never drew it to my knowledge, it was only described. But attached is one impression of how it was meant to look.

They are very nice belts. I'm sure you could get away with much less beautiful work and still have happy customers.

Good to see a craftsman who goes the extra mile regardless.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
.can you please educate me on why the f1 is so popular?....a customer asked me to do him a sheath for his and sent me it in the post...i think its possibly pound for pound the worst knife i've ever held.

F1LOW.jpg

Nice sheath - bit like gift wrapping a turd.

I agree on the knife - its a broken pry bar of a knife - hate them with a passion

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice work Angst :)

Just to be awkward, i like F1's :p Though they are designed for swedish pilots as a survival knife, and i expect they do very well for that. Not the best bushy blade, but certainly better than many.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo.....ta m8.....hope youve cut that tree down slacker!!!! lol

ok....kool....but plase explain firstly why you like and secondly why theyre good swedish pilots survival knives....i'm genuinely puzzled....i keep picking it up....looking at my mora clipper....then at any of my handmade bushys....and i just cant figure it out either way....for a hundred quid i'd rather have ten moras....and for less than a hundred more a handmade masterpiece by a pro....or for 75 quid i can buy everything i need to make my own bushy...

a

Nice work Angst :)

Just to be awkward, i like F1's :p Though they are designed for swedish pilots as a survival knife, and i expect they do very well for that. Not the best bushy blade, but certainly better than many.

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Solid, tough tools that wont let you down when you really need them. Impervious to the elements, hold an excellent edge for a long time, easily capable of cutting through an aircrafts fuselage if needed. Rubber handle feels warm even when its cold and wont slip when wet, capable of being hammered into things to do some prying if needed. etc etc. They aint pretty, but then its a survival knife and built not to break, so its there when you need it. Not even comparable to a mora IMO totally different league and purpose. :)

Survival knives and bushcraft knives, two very different beasts.

I've had my fair share of fallknivens. F1's, S1's A1, A2, TK4. Love the A2, gotta be one of my favourite knives. :) Saying that, not so keen on their folders

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok ok....but 100 quid?.....i'd pay 30 on looks but if its as good as you say then maybe 50....but 100?

and i'm presuming the tree is still standing....jeez cant get the staff nowadays lol

a

ps good to see youre gettin into forging...

Solid, tough tools that wont let you down when you really need them. Impervious to the elements, hold an excellent edge for a long time, easily capable of cutting through an aircrafts fuselage if needed. Rubber handle feels warm even when its cold and wont slip when wet, capable of being hammered into things to do some prying if needed. etc etc. They aint pretty, but then its a survival knife and built not to break, so its there when you need it. Not even comparable to a mora IMO totally different league and purpose. :)

Survival knives and bushcraft knives, two very different beasts.

I've had my fair share of fallknivens. F1's, S1's A1, A2, TK4. Love the A2, gotta be one of my favourite knives. :) Saying that, not so keen on their folders

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The tree does indeed still live. :) I'm in no rush for it now.

Fallknivens aren't cheap, but they have a very good rep. The steel used to make them would cost me about £30 i expect just to make one. Good steel (VG10)

Aye, i've bought an anvil and some hammers. Just deciding weather or not to go through the immense effort of getting it into the cellar or weather to set up outside for now under a tarp. It weighs about 125 kg :D

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol....i got a 75kg one last week and thats nightmare enough....theyre complete gits to grip and walk with is the problem...me and me m8 both lost our kneecaps carrying it into the garden...mines staying outside....mrs angst is kicking up cos i told her i'm gona do a Sir Dave Budd and dig up the lawn to make a forge!! COME ON!!!

The tree does indeed still live. :) I'm in no rush for it now.

Fallknivens aren't cheap, but they have a very good rep. The steel used to make them would cost me about £30 i expect just to make one. Good steel (VG10)

Aye, i've bought an anvil and some hammers. Just deciding weather or not to go through the immense effort of getting it into the cellar or weather to set up outside for now under a tarp. It weighs about 125 kg :D

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'm making a forge, angle iron, sheet steel, metal pipe, welder, job done. Need a pump though, not messing with bellows, and hair dryers are ok for little bits, but last time i used one it got too hot and kept cutting out, pffft. :)

lol....i got a 75kg one last week and thats nightmare enough....theyre complete gits to grip and walk with is the problem...me and me m8 both lost our kneecaps carrying it into the garden...mines staying outside....mrs angst is kicking up cos i told her i'm gona do a Sir Dave Budd and dig up the lawn to make a forge!! COME ON!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE