Belt of Many Things

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
OK, so maybe this belongs in 'Other Chatter', but did anyone else see James May's "Belt of Many Things" on the Top Gear Bolivia special? Lovely. Might have to make up one myself...

Worth a look on iPlayer for a few sequences that looked genuinely very scary indeed.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
He had a Mora, the basic one, on his belt. So someone must have done something right. I just saw the rerise and enjoyed it...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What was that thing Clarkson was waving about ? I only caught it halfway through but it looked like a sword or something ?

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
What was that thing Clarkson was waving about ? I only caught it halfway through but it looked like a sword or something ?

eer the machete?

i thought it was a great show, ok so no prizes for ecology or bushcraft, but that isnt what topgear is about. it was great to see how they struggled with the altitude (5700m topped out) passing over the Andes and (im sure they were "advised to do so") deciding that turning round was the sensible option. the speed at which they got to that altitude surely didnt help.

i do get the feeling that the bbc wasnt made aware of the content until after it was filmed as im sure they wouldnt have got production insurance for the stunts they pulled lol

even with the (likely) high level of tech support they wouldve had, fair play to them for undertakking the adventure and sticking one to the nannyesque health and safety brigade :)

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I thought it was a great episode..shoe polish is a must in the jungle you need to have shiny shoes shoes so the snakes and insects don't mistake you for any ol' riff raff and bite you :lmao:

The parts that weren't acted out were priceless!

Haha I want that belt so bad...I couldn't stop laughing at the cross with Mears' name on it representing James May's grave!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
alternative uses for boot polish in the jungle?

fire helping fuel in the damp?

waterproof wound covering to keep the million infections possible at bay?

must be some others ;)

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
alternative uses for boot polish in the jungle?

fire helping fuel in the damp?

waterproof wound covering to keep the million infections possible at bay?

must be some others ;)

Filter it through an old sock for an adult beverage when being around Mr Clarkson gets too much to bear?

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Apparently it consists a Mora 740MG, small Lifeventure FAK, shoe polish kit, some sort of Gerber multitool, small whistle and a few other doo-dads.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Here you go:
web.jpg

Includes a dental hygiene kit, knife, alcohol hand wash, boot polish kit...

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
I spotted the mora knife. It was an interesting show, I'm a big fan of Top Gear but, is anyone else starting to think that its had its day? It seems to be following the same formula all the time, and all the mistakes they are supposedly making are really badly acted out and scripted. ....maybe I'm just being grumpy.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
That looks like one of those cop belts.

Or you may make your own.

Top Drear is for those who fancy a flash car but cannot afford it.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
That reminds me of the work belts that are used in the Scandinavian countries. Not quite so well "equipped" as Mr May's though.

It seems to be a good idea to have essential tools readily to hand.

http://
P2290008.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE