Bell tent stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi,

I have got down to two wood stoves for the bell tent. But not sure from there which one?
So which one do you good people think out of these two

Attachments

• stoves16_lrg__54828.1405329395.1280.1280.jpg
    stoves16_lrg__54828.1405329395.1280.1280.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8329_x500.jpg
    IMG_8329_x500.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 38

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
They don't disassemble do they? Was that something you're willing to work with?
How much do they cost?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
One of the reasons I like my Frontier is the weight and pack size.
If you have a trailer or a van its not an issue but if you just have a car like me either of those two along with the bell-tent is most of the boot gone already.

Both look very nice though ;)

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I like the square one too, but I would be delighted with either. The one on the left looks like it is three legged which could help if pitched on uneven ground (might just be the angle of the photo though). I know ideally you should pitch a bell tent on even ground, but for me it has not always been possible. And I also like the handle and vents on the right hand one. Good luck with your quest for a new stove.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I've got the small square one if I'm right in thinking it's the one they sell on the Solepad website.it works well for a little stove n well built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
No problems as said its a neat little wood burner and well made.these stoves are smaller than you'd think but plenty big enough too warm your tent.youll be sat in your undies once you've got it rasping..thats the idea though any bigger of a stove and you'll be burning yer tent down..it's not heavy at all as long as your not carrying any real distance.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Cheers, I am sure I will have a few. What was the coldest weather wise have you used the stove ? I am hoping to do a few days in mid winter.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
When I use my stove in the tent in winter, I use an eco fan on the top to move the heat round, they are not essential though( I just love gadgets) They are expensive though. Not as expensive as the Vulcan stove fan though. Soul Pad seem to have a great reputation as well, if you decide to go for their stove. Plenty of insulation on the tent floor would be good too for winter.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Cheers, I am sure I will have a few. What was the coldest weather wise have you used the stove ? I am hoping to do a few days in mid winter.

I've not used it yet in mid winter yet but I am planning too do a Christmas camp with it probably next year.i ve had it going in a particular cold February a few years back and it was fine I'd happily camp in the snow with confidence.what I will say if your unfamiliar with these types of stove is that's it's not really possible too get an ember bed n you'll always have too maintain the fire on a regular basis .easily done with a big pile of kindling but come 4 in the morning when the fires gone out the tent will be cold.i have 3 of the big surplus artic sleeping bags for me and my family they can be had for about 30 quid each on eBay.i just keep a big pile of kindling ready next too the fire ready n if I wake up in the night I get it rasping again easy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE