Belgium bivi bag

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Any one had or got a Belgium army bivi bag ?? I've got one of eBay the other day and was just wondering wether anyone had any feedback on them before I go out and use it ??

Being a woodsman isn't a hobby .. It's a way of life

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I have one and they are very robust It kept my sleeping bag and me bone dry after about 17hrs of rain at one point I was partially in a water filled ditch,

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Mine just looked to flimsy when I unwrapped it

It seems too thin .. I maybe wrong as I havnt had a bivi bag before

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Maybe you should describe it. Is it Goretex type material or is it the cotton type with a silver coating inside and a thin cheapo water resistant base like this...

466529528_tp.jpg

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Unfortunately it's the latter one :( I will have to put up with it until payday and buy a new one .. How much would one like yours cost me ??

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I've got one of the latter ones too as pictured above. It's described as a bivvy bag but it's more like a bed roll sorta thing. Mine wouldn't protect my bag from anything though. The cotton type surface isn't water proof at all. Breathable yes, but so is a t shirt. The bottom could be described as water resistant at best. It leaks.

You'll find British Army Goretex bivvy bags on ebay for around 20/25 quid. They come up on here for sale too. I got one for £25.

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Going to see if I can pick one of those up then .. Not even sure wether I wanna spend a night with this bivi bag I have now it just looks pointless

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Check it out by throwing it in the bath to see how it performs top and bottom. Mine's is pants but maybe they're not all like that. Woodstock seems to have a good un but I don't know if he's referring to the same bag or a Goretex job.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Ah it appears mine with the two straps underneath to hold a kip mat is not the Norgi one at all KL Feucher is the name of the bag heavy duty Gore-Tex. sorry about that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE