Belgium bivi bag question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tinweasle

Jan 14, 2011
Herts, beds, bucks border
Hi, have been given a Belgium military bivi bag, it's got water proof bottom and sides with a canvas top and is dated 1979, I was hoping to use it this weekend but the opening running about 1/2-3/4 the way down the middle has no way of being closed (zip?) just a series of holes down both sides so is something missing or are they made to only work with one type of sleeping bag?

Cheers

Shaun

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Hi, have been given a Belgium military bivi bag, it's got water proof bottom and sides with a canvas top and is dated 1979, I was hoping to use it this weekend but the opening running about 1/2-3/4 the way down the middle has no way of being closed (zip?) just a series of holes down both sides so is something missing or are they made to only work with one type of sleeping bag?

Cheers

Shaun

I have one of these, its quite good but the original system is a bit **** as the holes are for lacing it up like a shoe lace with cord. thats hard to do if your in it lol, and its not the easy to get tight, so i sewed a zip on in place that goes about 3/4 of the length of the opening and its much better now, i use it with a normal sleeping bag 4 seasons, its quite breathable. i got mine for 6 quid and the zip was off an old coat so free lol

works for me with a tarp over the top, not a bad bag really and i like the big flap at the top gives you a nice clean admin area. i roll mine up with my sleeping abg in it to form a bedroll

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE