been on the cherry wine...

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
just thought i would say i have had a glass or 2 or 3 or more of cherry wine, its home made, hence the label...:)

its good stuff, just dont let Mr Digger get anywhere near it, it broke his leg last time....:(

what are people drinking tonight....

love hugs and kisses to the world (trust me, you wont hear that again).....:)

regards to all.

Tipsey Chris.....;)

Mafro

Settler
Jan 20, 2010
Kent
www.selfemadeknives.co.uk
Ohh is that this years Cherry wine by the look of the label? I never normally even contemplate drinking my homemade wine until they are at least 12 months old. I have 2 gallons of cherry wine in the cupboard that I made earlier in the year that will need bottling soon so i look forward to a taste from the siphon tube :)

Tonight I am drining some of last years sparking cider :) Yum

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
twas a good bach, each wine depends on the fruit, plum is adleast a 12 monther, cherry is 2 ish, elderberry the same, dandilion is 2 weeks...:)

only 3 bottles left now...:( and 1 bottle from last year of plum for xmas day.....:(

but have 5-6 gallons of plum to bottle....;)

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I've been on the cocktails tonight, well jack n coke is a cocktail where I'm from and it's been delicious lol.

Also love and hugs and kisses to the world lol

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Have you got a recipe Chris? I fancy giving that a go

sort of?????

i just get loads of fruit wash it of then bung it in the beer bin brewer, add 1 kg of sugar per gallon of liquid and 1-2 teaspoons of yeast and let it do its thing for about 2-3 months, the fruit is about 1/4 to 1/3 of the bin.... i then remove the fruit and move the liquid into coke bottles to settle, when settled in a week or 2 i siphen into wine bottles from the pub, sterile of course, and then leave to mature for a month or 2 (if you can wait that long) this years batch was very good...

i have about 12 trees of bird cherry so when i get gtime there is plenty to go round for the animals and me... its also nice and dry, but strong...hik...hik....;)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hmmmm, cocktails ehhhhh....:) try alcohol get and orange, tastes like c*** but gets you mashed....:)

home brew is great, so easy to do and so many benafits, you learn new trees and plants, it get you out in the country, and it costs next to nothing but time and some sugar......

1 bad thing though, what a bad head i will have first thing....:(

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
YES!!!!! today my head hurt for a few hours, and tonight im going to have to do it alllllllll again, its the mess do....:)

i like cider, the apples near me just dont seem to do it though...:( sour as a hell and gives me bad guts...:(:(:(:(:(

paul atkin

Forager
Dec 15, 2010
york
paulatkin.co.uk
I make mine from cheap supermarket apple juice. 2kg of sugar dissolved in 4ltrs boiling water 20ltrs of apple juice (from concentrate is fine) teaspoon of wine yeast. Leave to bubble out then siphon to barrel and leave for a few weeks. Still refreshing and strong as hell.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I make mine from cheap supermarket apple juice. 2kg of sugar dissolved in 4ltrs boiling water 20ltrs of apple juice (from concentrate is fine) teaspoon of wine yeast. Leave to bubble out then siphon to barrel and leave for a few weeks. Still refreshing and strong as hell.

cool, might try that next year...

Your cherry wine is legendary mate, I'm not a great lover of wine usually but that stuff is something else :bowdown:

Can work quite well with all sorts of fruit juice combinations Chris, made a nice orange and grapefruit punch/cocktail/wine with a champagne yeast that I just kept feeding with sugar until the yeast died from the alcohol percentage, was potent stuff I can tell ya :) Definitely not one for meets lol

Last edited:

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
your cherry wine is legendary mate, i'm not a great lover of wine usually but that stuff is something else :bowdown:

Can work quite well with all sorts of fruit juice combinations chris, made a nice orange and grapefruit punch/cocktail/wine with a champagne yeast that i just kept feeding with sugar until the yeast died from the alcohol percentage, was potent stuff i can tell ya :) definitely not one for meets lol

i don't want any.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE