Been In The Loft 2! (pic heavy)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Sorry folks! More of my sordid past, a few said last night that they wanted more so here they are, not in a particular order and most are self explanatory, but as usual any comments or questions, good or bad fire away.

Thanks for looking.

Ivan...

img168.jpg img140.jpg

img141.jpg img142.jpg

img143.jpg img144.jpg

img145.jpg img146.jpg

img147.jpg img148.jpg

img149.jpg img150.jpg

img151.jpg img152.jpg

img153.jpg img154.jpg

img155.jpg img156.jpg

img157.jpg img158.jpg

img159.jpg img160.jpg

img161.jpg img162.jpg

img163.jpg img164.jpg

img165.jpg img166.jpg

img167.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cor Ivan, that AEC Matador is lovely -you at a show? And the good old Sankey trailers Used to have covered one for chaisaw/petrol storage - though we were also known for stuffing big highland laddies in them and driving off fast down a forest track. Great pics again, is that yourself taking part in the games? And the pic with the 80's 'taché

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Cor Ivan, that AEC Matador is lovely -you at a show? And the good old Sankey trailers Used to have covered one for chaisaw/petrol storage - though we were also known for stuffing big highland laddies in them and driving off fast down a forest track. Great pics again, is that yourself taking part in the games? And the pic with the 80's 'taché

Yeah went to several shows, i was never bulky enough to log chop, but could run up a pole like a goodun! The Mat was a showpiece, had a couple of my own that went to work, just can't find the pics.

Sankeys, have had a few through my hands, if the truck went through so would the trailer, and as you know with some slippery ground you had to go for it!

The 80's tache man is not me but a life long friend and one time business partner Mark Baker, still feared in these parts, there were two brothers, but too hard on gear and dangerous for me, he once felled a maccky while i was still up it! Nutters the pair of them.

Yeah, good introduction to a new boy in the woods was a swift ride out of the wood in the old trailer at the end of the day, good for the soul!

Must seem like we are talking a different language.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
For dwardo, pics 24/25/26 and 29 were all of the cedar of lebanon struck by lightening, that you were asking about last night, Devon House Drive, Bovey Tracey an old convent, she was a big old girl, back in those days you used to liase with Sweb or BT, as to a time they would come and remove power lines, and the deal was if they did not turn up within the allocated time you could fell across the lines anyway, and thats exactly what happened on this job, see the sweb landie in the pic.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Ivan, found a disc with some scanned photo's on it you may be interested in: -

E217BRM.jpg
Buccleuchboy.jpg
FirstLandy.jpg

My first Landy, and me beside it; billhook at the ready.
ScoobyNo1.jpg

ScoobyNo2.jpg

First and second Scoobys. I LOVED that pick up.

looking%2520good%2520at%2520the%2520wigwams.jpg
Bow%2520wave.jpg

My old Disco; going for a dip.

MysquadohGod.jpg

One of my old FC squads about to kill off the grass and plants around new plantings.

Squad.jpg

My fave cutting squad with the little linked tractor.

feelingblue-1.jpg

And me when I played in a band - had just had my hair cut - was able to sit on it before this. A long time ago.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Ivan and Goatboy. Thanks for posting, these are awesome pics. There isnt much ( spiders aside:) ) that scares me but the size of the trees you work on, would scare the liveing daylights out of me. I wouldnt even try.
I did notice you both seem entrenched on opposeing sides. Ivan is all Toyota, while Goatboy is a Lanny man. Me ive had both and still cant decide. Love to be there if one of you had to pull the other out.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ivan and Goatboy. Thanks for posting, these are awesome pics. There isnt much ( spiders aside:) ) that scares me but the size of the trees you work on, would scare the liveing daylights out of me. I wouldnt even try.
I did notice you both seem entrenched on opposeing sides. Ivan is all Toyota, while Goatboy is a Lanny man. Me ive had both and still cant decide. Love to be there if one of you had to pull the other out.

Ammo, unloaded I'd say the Landy had it off road, the Toyota needs the weight in it, though for reliability I'd go for an old Toyota everytime. The Landy does have personality though. The Scooby's were surprising where they'd go, but if they did get bogged they just couldn't claw their way out. One car that always surprised me was the little Fiat Panda 4x4. Another forester mate had one and it just seemed to float it's way over everything.

Been trying t find the old cutting photo's of my own, I too had a big cypress that got hit by lightning - we heard the bang about 3-4 miles away. The water just boiled and blew it apart. Shrapnel everywhere. There's some good skyline pics in there too. Though the most exciting stuff we did was tackling the big forest blazes. Riding through the flames in a digger with petrol and explosives on board... H&S would have had a fit.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Please do post more pics whenever possible. The trees, the tractors, the trucks, the scenery. love them great pics.
Ammo, unloaded I'd say the Landy had it off road, the Toyota needs the weight in it, though for reliability I'd go for an old Toyota everytime. The Landy does have personality though. The Scooby's were surprising where they'd go, but if they did get bogged they just couldn't claw their way out. One car that always surprised me was the little Fiat Panda 4x4. Another forester mate had one and it just seemed to float it's way over everything.

Been trying t find the old cutting photo's of my own, I too had a big cypress that got hit by lightning - we heard the bang about 3-4 miles away. The water just boiled and blew it apart. Shrapnel everywhere. There's some good skyline pics in there too. Though the most exciting stuff we did was tackling the big forest blazes. Riding through the flames in a digger with petrol and explosives on board... H&S would have had a fit.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Rocky%2520road.jpg

My mate Belzeebobs Landy in a quarry
TheBigYin.jpg

One of my old club members Vampire Radio 101 truck.

Scottythinksit%2527sabulldozer.jpg

Belzeebob again thinking he's driving a road grader.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Great pics. we used to go to some ol boys Toms farm in Wales. He had a huge mound/hill with a near vertical drop he put a sign up calling it the widowmaker. i know a few rolled down. Ive got pics and video of me stuck in sand and volcanic rocks in Yemen. Ill dig em out and get the Missus to show me how to upload them.
Rocky%2520road.jpg

My mate Belzeebobs Landy in a quarry
TheBigYin.jpg

One of my old club members Vampire Radio 101 truck.

Scottythinksit%2527sabulldozer.jpg

Belzeebob again thinking he's driving a road grader.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
When was this picture taken? Can you remember? Do you know what happened to the Hilux Pickups? Reason I'm asking is because one of my mates seems to recognise one the trucks registration number and thinks it might belong to one of the members on the Hilux Pickup owners Club.

Hi Ecoman, which truck mate?

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Goatboy! You have brightened my afternoon sir, great pics, loving the lockable lid on the trailer, nothing bounced out along the rides, same reason for the top on the scooby, also security whilst the gang were working, oh yeah lets not forget health and safety, the chemicals we all carried, not today thankyou!

I had a Sherpa double cab for about a week! I hated it, wouldn't go anywhere, wouldn't pull granny off the pot!

I am loving that dear little tractor, the guys look happy in their work, loved their husky's and jonsereds.

Oh the last pic! You brave man! You never told me you were really Trevor Horn, lead singer of the Buggles, who went on to be one of the most successful record producers of the time.

Dare you to put up, Video Killed The Radio Star.

Nice one pal.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just for you Ivan, one of my most commercially successful hits...;)

[video=youtube;W8r-tXRLazs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r-tXRLazs[/video]

Yeah wish I could remember the make of the wee tractor, hydraulic hinge in the middle to steer, there's more pictures of it somewhere.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thankyou Colin, actually Trevor Horn was a bit unfair, maybe Jim Morrison?

I will get there after more study.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
The White one.

Oh My, I was afraid you would say that one! That was one i bought in about 1993 ish it was in very good condition, had been supplied new by Highweek Garage Newton Abbot, who were main toyota dealers, they also had a branch in Paignton Devon (since lost dealership) it was a one owner full service history truck from memory, a bit too pretty to go to work, so i did not own it long, as i was offered a profit on it.

I seem to remember, i took advantage of the chap as he had fallen on hard times and needed the cash, so for my early memory of the truck, it did not have the Wilson, go to work in the woods treatment.

So Devon registered truck from new, which mattered at the time! If i think any more i will let you know, but a very very clean nice truck when i bought it and when i sold it.

Shame it was not the red one as i would be typing for ages!!

Not much help i know, but i had so many of those trucks through my hands, and now i am an old fart!

Atb.

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE