Been fishing again - invisible needles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Went fishing a few times last week, sometimes with both my two kids, twice with just my son, and once on my own.

Well, both my son (five) and my daughter (three) caught more fish than I did. On one trip, my son caught eight and my daughter three! No bait, just small hooks on line tied to a hazel or chestnut wand. Must be magic wands.

But one time, I caught a three pound perch. I cleaned it, filled it with chopped onion, and left it in the freezer for my parents' in law to cook (I'm back in Paris, and they're still out in the country with the kids).

Now, for "invisible needles"...
I took a couple of the spines from the perch's dorsal fin, and cleaned them. they seem to be almost transparent, and would probably be invisible underwater. They are very sharp and strong, and being from a fish, I would expect them to be waterproof. Might make good fishhooks, or barbs for a fishing harpoon.

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE