Beech Preserving Spoon

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I made a start on this beast of a spoon back on Bank Holiday Monday, and this morning, being at a loose end, i thought id get it finished.

DSCN8647.jpg

The spoon has been made to be used when we make jams, pickles & chutneys with our preserving pan, due to the size of the pan, a normal sized spoon, just falls in, but this one being slightly larger has enough length on it, to stop it falling over and therefore keeping the handle out of whatever yummy seasonal goodness we are making or preserving at the time.

DSCN8652.jpg

As with all my spoons of late, this one has a tooled finish, albeit the handle was smoothed out with a cabinet scraper, when complete the spoon was given a light coating of pure Tung oil to protect the wood, now it's time to go and use it to make a huge pan of Tomato Chutney.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Tool finish. That is just awesome. Even after sanding my spoons aren`t that smooth! Do you carve them with a laser or what? goodjob

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers guys,m the spoon has already been used to make a couple of pounds of Tomato chutney, did the job just grand.

@twosocks, not just a laser, i also use Neutrino emissions for a final finish

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cool! I`d love to play with your carvingstuff once :p

I would say anytime, but the distance you would have to travel is a bit of a hindrance:), if you do find yourself in this part of the world, by all means give me a shout.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Damn that's good!
You have got to stop buying spoon blanks though mate!:lmao:
I'll teach you if you like!:p
Like it!, A LOT!

RM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE