Bearclaw Bushcraft Vildmark course in June

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Just wondering who else is going on Gary's course in the summer and if you have sorted any of your travel plans yet?

I have been looking at flights and stuff but was wondering what everyone else was doing?

Bill

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
The flights are available now and pretty cheap (if I had any money after christmas) but I wasn't sure the best way to go.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
:cry: :cry: :cry: Because of graduation and last days in school, I wont be able to go with you guys and gals, it could have been fun though. :roll: :)

Take care and have fun, when you're going. :wink:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
arctic hobo said:
And good luck on making your way from Torp :shock: Horrible place. BA is only £20 more each way and difference is incalculable :biggthump

where do BA fly to for the extra £20? I had a look at flights and where we have to be but I couldn't see anywhere else to go.

Bill

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Oslo has two airports: Sandefjord Torp (an ugly heap about 50mi from the city) and Oslo Gardermoen (the most beautiful, organised, and above all completely silent airport I have been to. Word's don't begin to describe. And yes, I know it's just an airport).
Are you going to Oslo? or whereabouts? I have a lot of experience in organising trips to Norway I am here to help :wave:

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I'm going too :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: I think I'll be flying from Stansted to Oslo. Anybody want a travelling partner?

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I'm booked on and about to pay my deposit. Once my money is paid I had intended to ask anyone else who's going to PM me with a view to setting up something like an e-mail group to enable everyone who's going to exchange ideas and see what scope there is to compare plans for all aspects of the trip. Also join up (if convenient) for travel. I had thought that doing it off forum might be easier because of the possibility of lots of to-ing and fro-ing between 11 individuals...but then offer to make information generally available (as a summary) to anyone going on future courses and the forum in general. As this is a pilot course for Bearclaw it would be good if we could help others who might be going on future courses. If anyone's interested in this let me know.

Either way, I'd like to compare notes on various things and am really looking forward to it. June seems a long time off at the moment.........

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Wicked this is exactly what I wanted.

Martin I am closest to stansted so I will be your traveling companion if that's ok.

Falcon set up an email group or use a this thread to post developments or both if need be. Looks like we will be having that beer after all :wink:

Hobo thanks very much for your help, it is much apreciated. We need to be in Arjang in sweden by 1900 on sunday 12th june. The suggested way is fly to oslo and bus to town then bus on to arjang but as usual the sunday flight by ryanair gets in too late to get to arjang in time so traveling sat is on the cards unless there are better flights to the Gardermonen airport.

Keep it coming guys that is only 4 so far there must be another 6 out there.

Bill

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
falcon said:
I'm booked on and about to pay my deposit.

Yeah, me likewise. Now christmas is out the way, I can plan my finances for the next year :yikes:

I'm really looking forward to it now it's "This" year. So little time and so much kit to buy :naughty:
Put me down for any e-mail list that you're setting up.

cheers,

Martin

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
If you can give me the times of your bus I'll get you some flight options. The bus will almost certainly be the best way to get to Arjang from what I can tell on the map and local transport info.
EDIT: Another look at the map confirms what I thought - it's more than twice as far from Torp to Arjang as Gardermoen to Arjang.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
I was actually thinking about flying to Stockholm. Does anybody think that might not be a good way to get there? I was thinking about going that way because there is a shop that I want to go to but if it's that awkward I might go to Oslo as well.

cheers,

Martin

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm also on the trip and will be giving Gary the deposit at the ashdown meet.

As far as travel arrangements go I'm completely open, i'll be travelling from North West London so can pick any people up on the way and like the idea of meeting up for travel, good time to meet some of the people before hand.

Gatwick is fine for me, as is Heathrow and Stanstead.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Hiya,

just to let you know that I've set up an E-mail group for those people that are going on this course so we don't clog up BCUK bandwidth with our nattering.
If you are going on this course, please PM your info including e-mail address to me and I'll add you to the list.

cheers,

Martin

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
I'm one of those still out there!

Looking forward to it big time. Pagan Wolf is another intrepid Vildmark traveller, not sure who that leaves?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
shinobi said:
Hiya,

just to let you know that I've set up an E-mail group for those people that are going on this course so we don't clog up BCUK bandwidth with our nattering.
If you are going on this course, please PM your info including e-mail address to me and I'll add you to the list.

cheers,

Martin
Thanks for that Shinobi! There are hundreds of people who come here daily and only a few going so I think what you have done will really be appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE