Bear Grylls disciple...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

horsevad

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2009
Denmark
calling the bloke a BG disciple though is showing the usual ignorance to subject in the hope of making a cheap shot against an old target for brownie points. the papers like to pick him out because he's the current name and more folks know who he is now that ray mears has stopped presenting the one show and match of the day 2.

Please consider making yourself familiar with the ad hominem fallacy. Letting a discussion creep into a personal attack is usually hindering for further meaningful conversation.

As for dodgy advice its interesting that I've been teaching and advocating rectal infusion for at least 20 years because thats what I was taught, its finally made a BG show I notice according to charlie brooker so its nice to finally be vindicated even if it is by young edward, I look forward to it making channel 4 in the near future.

I would presume that the quality of the fluids used in a controlled setting would be somewhat more compatible with human fysiology than those used by BG....

Last edited:

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
fair nuf slap taken and apologies if anyone got the hump but I do get fed up with some folks just picking up every BG tagline as an excuse to slag him off, like the show or not there is a lot in them which can be pulled apart, dissected for usefullness, discussed then stored away for a later date. I cant claim to be a fan of the showy format but the info is usually from a sound local source. better to show how it is likely to be rather than give folks the impression that all they need to do is weave a basket and use a firesteel to get by. the BG show made reference to enema's and a graphic demonstration and the couple adrift for months, when rm did the same story a few years back the impression given was that they survived on fish alone. Seeing as the show does have a history of bending the situation slightly on health and safety grounds I do have a suspicion though that what was in BG's enema tube was probably flat coke with a bit of salt in it, medically if it was diluted 50/50 then it would be suitably isotonic. the practise while not to regular tastes is very usefull when you have children suffering heatstroke and dehydration where needles might cause distress and also the possibility that the only way to find a vein would be to 'cut down' to find one. also works very well for extreme constipation! if you were stuck on top of a roof top during the aftermath of katrina it might be the only way you could stay hydrated so probably a more usefull lesson than spoon making.

the citizen article was a reasonable one and I remember reading it at the time as its our local rag and as I cross that patch of ground on occasion it did make me think. normally I come off it with a mud version of platform shoes but it could just as easily have been me up to my neck as the area has been so churned up by earth movers recently its unstable and looks like the somme, the subsoil is such that it needs more balancing ponds to control the run off that would normally be necessary so he was in short, lucky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE