bear compound bow for 65lbs peak weight!! be warned!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hi guys I recently got this bow in a trade from a member on here but to be honest there is way too much power for me to handle.
its a bear compound bow probably a model called the black bear due to the fact its black. but don't quote me on that! it has pin sight with it just not shown in the photos the draw weight is adjustable via equal turns on the limb bolts ive turned the power down to about 57lbs @ 28" but you can crank it back up if you wish.

am wanting £90. plus £12 postage uk mainland but I would prefer face to face local meetup if possible

or I would trade this for a decent spring powered or c02 air rifle. or basic one with slight cash adjustment.
decent spring or co2 powered single shot air pistol.
older spring powered pistol with cash adjustment.
full size modern crossbow.
enzo trapper knife local meetup only
optimus svea 123 or better stove. must be perfect working order
optimus hiker stove. must be in perfect working order
gransfors bruks wildlife hatchet or equivilant axe with cash adjustment.
gransfors bruks small forest axe or equivalent axe with cash adjustment.
gerber bear grylls compact parang with cash adjustment

more swap items will be added in a few mins. cheers guys p.s. please excuse the poor photos they are from my camera phone

here is the beast

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
hiya mate thank you for that superb offer but am not really looking for clothing items at this time.
cheers GB

Nivva mind , ive a MSR Whisperlite international if that's of use ? Few years old but still works a treat.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Just looked , it's been a while since it was last used. It's a bit rough and the pump is taking longer than it should to pressure up. Ignore that suggestion.

Good luck with yer trade :thumbup:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
thanks again for trying mate its appreciated.

Just looked , it's been a while since it was last used. It's a bit rough and the pump is taking longer than it should to pressure up. Ignore that suggestion.

Good luck with yer trade :thumbup:

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I've got a hiker 111b. It needs a pump washer, I think, but I'll give it a good going over and fettle anything that needs attention, if you're interested.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
thanks for your offer mate I don't need a stove now as I picked one up last night but thanks for your offer stove is now of my wanted list I will amend the list soon
GB
I've got a hiker 111b. It needs a pump washer, I think, but I'll give it a good going over and fettle anything that needs attention, if you're interested.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hi guys having got hold of the stove I was looking for im now amending my price for straight sale of this lovely bow
and also amending my wants list and the cash px amounts.

am now wanting £80. plus £12 postage uk mainland but I would prefer face to face local meetup if possible
francis barker m88 compass in mint condition. mils or degrees.
sailing binoculars with compass built in in perfect order.
night vision monocular. in perfect working order.
or decent metal detector. garret whites etc. what have you?
or I would trade this for a decent spring powered or c02 air rifle. or basic one with slight cash adjustment.
decent spring or co2 powered single shot air pistol.
older spring powered pistol with possible cash adjustment. dependant on your offer
full size crossbow. prefer modern one but what have you got?
enzo trapper knife in mint condition person trading to cover postage. or face to face meetup
gransfors bruks wildlife hatchet plus £40 cash adjustment or other items added or equivilant axe with cash adjustment.
gransfors bruks small forest axe plus £30 cash adjustment. or equivalent axe with cash adjustment.
gerber bear grylls compact parang with cash adjustment
other px items include
msr dromedary 4 litre water bag.
mora fire knife. in mint condition.
mora bushcraft black in mint condition
british army mtp pattern basha in mint as new condition.
brass shark designs tinderbox with mag glass in the lid
msr titan kettle. in mint condition.

any payments are paypal only unless face to face meeting
phots of the bow are at the bottom of this thread cheers guys.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
if you ant got whats on the list best thing to do is pm me the worst I can say in no thank you.
p.s. final drop in price was £90/ then£80/ now £70 post and packing uk mainland only is £12. so the price is £82.oop altogether
don't want to put this on evilbay id much rather a fellow bushcrafter had it...GB

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
not really interested in cash for this item id much prefer to swap it for one of the items on my list

Last edited:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
just one last little nudge on this one I know cash is tight for most people these days so its open to sensible swap offers on the stuff on my list. cheers guys.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
I realise the photos don't do this bow justice but my camera phone wont focus properly on the black. ive tried for better photos but they come out just as bad.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I did some looking online.....it maybe slightly over priced, but there's only second hand US eBay prices to go buy. Might be worth a look and re valuing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
cheersa for that mate I did have a look myself but cant find the exact same bow
but I will take your advice and drop the price again. so with that in mind the cash sale price is now and for the last time lowered from £70 plus £12 postage to £60 plus £12 postage but as I said face to face meetup there is no postage charge and the list of wants for this bow remains the same
cheers guys.
GB
I did some looking online.....it maybe slightly over priced, but there's only second hand US eBay prices to go buy. Might be worth a look and re valuing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
im with drawing this item at tea time today as its off to the bay. so if anyone want a last chance chance at it here we are im not wanting cash adjustments and ive lowered the price to £50.oop plus £12.oop postage and in all fairness you cant get a half decent kids bow for that price.
the straight swaps list in now reduced to.

francis barker m88 compass in mint condition. mils or degrees.

mini dv camcorder ie takes mini dv tapes must be complete and in good order

or I would trade this for a basic spring powered or c02 air rifle.

webley tempest or hurricane air pistol

gransfors bruks wildlife hatchet plus £12 towards bow postage

gransfors bruks small forest axe plus £12 towards bow postage

other px items include
msr dromedary 4 litre water bag.
mora fire knife. in mint condition.
mora bushcraft black in mint condition
british army mtp pattern basha in mint as new condition.
brass shark designs tinderbox with mag glass in the lid

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE