beach shelter instead of tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Spending four nights in my bivvy bag last week at an event I needed some additional cover to keep some stuff like arrows dry.
used our old grey/green Eurohike shelter. Really a beach shelter with an extended groundsheet you can pull up to close off shelter with Velcro tabs.

Wonderful night on Monday, was awake most of the time between dozes looking at the stars and then the copper-coloured sunrise which was appropriate because I was at a bronze-casting workshop. Couple of other nights had downpours so I closed up the flap to stop rain getting in to soak stuff. Can just lie stretched across entrance with flap of groundsheet up. Sometimes feet pushed out into the rain but the bag worked with no damp or condensation. Luxuriated in a camp mat over an inflatable sleeping pad. Trekmates bivvy bag from TK-Max was a bit constricted but cosy with sleeping bag rated only down to 15 degrees and t-shirt, track suit trousers and socks.

Very good combination of shelter and sleeping system I shall use again at a relatively fixed camp.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Boatman.

Have done the same thing a couple of times as the beach shelter was lighter than the one man tent I had and I could sit up in the beach shelter.

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
Yes, very light and multi-use.... ;)

Dogtent.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE