Be good - or Santa sends his eagles in!

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
If thats a real bit of footage and not some viral vid, all i can say is thats one lucky kid .if that eagle had grabed his head it tallons would have punctured his skull

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
If thats a real bit of footage and not some viral vid, all i can say is thats one lucky kid .if that eagle had grabed his head it tallons would have punctured his skull

I'm sceptical about it.

Quite a slow attack, no injuries to the kid, kid right beside an adult.

Pure conjecture on how this could come about would be a captive bird having been hacked back too close to habitation. Hungry, still fairly habituated to people - suppose it could happen.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Scary, I once watched footage of an eagle dragging a goat from a cliffside and hereabouts we sometimes have Eagle owls carrying cats and small dogs off, so quite believable.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Interesting footage as you say, and quite believable IMO.
There was some hoo ha about a bird of prey attacking a young child in this country not too long ago, while the owner was flying the bird, but can't remember the exact details.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks very real to me. The eagle just looks like it got a hold and thought mm this doesn't feel right...

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
if it was fake, then it was very well done. Mebbe the "baby" was fake and replaced with the real one. Still an interesting piece of footage.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm sceptical about it.

Quite a slow attack, no injuries to the kid, kid right beside an adult.

Pure conjecture on how this could come about would be a captive bird having been hacked back too close to habitation. Hungry, still fairly habituated to people - suppose it could happen.

Don't know if it is real or fake. But the bit about being right beside an adult is irrelevant. A few years ago a hawk locally snatched a small dog, a chihuahua IIRC, that was being held on a short leash (much closer than the adult in the video) It also refused to let go until the owner (who also refused to let go of the leash) swung it into a door and slammed it shut squeezing the hawk between the door and frame.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Skeptical.

The old footage of eagles dragging goats off cliffs was staged, but was supposed to be demonstration of what the eagles did in the wild.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Don't know if it is real or fake. But the bit about being right beside an adult is irrelevant. A few years ago a hawk locally snatched a small dog, a chihuahua IIRC, that was being held on a short leash (much closer than the adult in the video) It also refused to let go until the owner (who also refused to let go of the leash) swung it into a door and slammed it shut squeezing the hawk between the door and frame.

Not sure it's that irrelevant, one incident a few years ago being memorable enough that it's remembered now probably backs the theory?

Since this morning there's been quite a few doubts raised - like individual frames showing evidence of editing & eagle experts thinking it was a juvenile imperial eagle. I'm more and more thinking very well made fake - but wonder at the motives to scare people about eagles.....

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
http://blogue.centrenad.com/2012/12...source=feed&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=feed

The “Golden Eagle Snatches Kid” video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.
The video shows a royal eagle snatching a young kid while he plays under the watch of his dad. The eagle then drops the kid a few feet away. Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards.
The video has already received more than 1,200,000 views on YouTube and has been mentioned by dozens of media in Canada and abroad.
The production simulation workshop class, offered in fifth semester, aims to produce creative projects according to industry production and quality standards while developing team work skills. Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme.
About Centre NAD’s 3D animation and digital design bachelor degree

I think Royal Eagle is another name for the Golden Eagle - but anyway - an admitted fake - I thought it was well done though.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
On a few occasions the wolf got on top, but the eagle seemed to have the ability to hold the head away from it. Those talons have some strength behind them!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE