BcUK Photograph of 2021 Bushmoot (Winter or Summer) Heat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Here's the Bushmoot photo thread for you to post your picture from either the summer or winter bushmoot

The theme is Bushmoot (Winter or Summer) – Camps

You have until the 22nd September to post your entry :)

For the competition rules and themes for the other months throughout the year please look here but important do remember that due to the ongoing Corvid – 19 pandemic there is no restriction on when the photograph was taken. So if you have a picture in your archive that meets with the theme and competition rules then please do enter it.

Could I please ask that you try to refrain from having discussions and posting additional pictures in this thread. I appreciate folks like to comment but when people respond by quoting previous posts complete with photos and expand on comments it can get quite messy and a tad difficult for me to sort everything out when I do the vote for the month thread.

Good luck to everyone who enters :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
@Mesquite I’m a bit puzzled. I thought that September’s theme was “A well beaten path” ??
Hi Bob, that's correct the September theme will be "A well beaten path" and that'll be posted next week :)

As Gary pointed out the Bushmoot heat is always on a different schedule to the rest the monthly heats. This is so we can have 12 heat winners for the Grand final for folks to choose the overall winner from.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Bob, that's correct the September theme will be "A well beaten path" and that'll be posted next week :)

As Gary pointed out the Bushmoot heat is always on a different schedule to the rest the monthly heats. This is so we can have 12 heat winners for the Grand final for folks to choose the overall winner from.
Ah, Ok no worries. I haven’t been to a Moot so I’ve no entry for that photo comp, but I do have something for the usual September one :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Cracking Photo (as always) Wayland!

Out of interest how long did you have to sit motionless for that exposure :) - Victoriana method acting to the last! PLEASE tell me there was an assistant holding flash powder ;)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I suspected as much - though kinda dissapointed re the flashpowder...... I have a great mental Image of Steve dissapearing in a cloud of smoke and reappearing with the std comady black face :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You need to edit your first post then Steve
Not sure why you say that Gary, the theme is Bushmoot (winter or Summer) - Camps.

The rule you quoted just allows folks to post a Bushmoot camp picture from any one they've attended since the first one. In previous years of running the competition I've had a two year restriction on when the photograph was taken but suspended it due to the impact Covid had on folks getting out.

As for Colins picture, sadly there isn't any sign of a Bushmoot camp in it which was why I said it didn't meet the heat theme.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE