BCUK on a go-slow tonight?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I'm not having any troubles with the site, but I have several windows open and am doing
other things. Not sure what to suggest as clearly if other sites are working for you there's
probably nothing much wrong with your connection...

If it helps, I nearly always open a thread or link not by clicking on it directly but by using
the right mouse click to open in new window thereby keeping the original window as it
was. Actually I can't really see how that would help to be honest! But it's what I do :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Yup, trouble here too. It's taken about 10 minutes to get into this thread and I've had multiple time-outs - other web sites are fine too! :confused:

Edit: Now I seem to be able to zip about with no problem :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lucyc

Forager
Jan 19, 2008
Somerset
Fine for me, although the other day I had a weird phase where the page wouldn't load for 2 hours :(
Other than that, fine though!

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I've had the same problem a few times today - pages timing out randomly then 10 mins later back working fine. On Tiscali here

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi bikething,

No idea (Shoddy memory :eek: ). I keep having problems (Not just this evening either) and it seems to be solely related to this site. This evening I've been timed out and logged out (chucked out is more like it) an annoying amount of times whilst trying to view threads, pages, links and thumbnail pics. My settings are set to show last post first and that's been up the swannie too - as has the button to go to first unread post! Suddenly everything becomes super-fast and efficient - usually just as I decide it's time to log off :D .

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Decorum, sounds like the same thing i'm experiencing....

Has been happening on and off for a few weeks now..usually things are fine, but every now and again it all chokes up..

maybe it's trying to tell me something :rolleyes:

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
I've had this for some time - but it's a Firefox problem. I don't know why but every now and again the site just locks up for Firefox and can take between a couple of minutes and a couple of hours before it will load a new page. It's not the connection because I get it using two different connections (work and home) and if I load IE, it comes up straight away.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm not happy with the uptime and a few other things on these servers, especially for the huge cost, so the site is being moved to new ones, hopefully that will help everything run a bit smoother.

I've also had some issues wtih Firefox playing up, although that's not always happened and only started a couple of months ago.

Sorry for the slow loading guys, we'll get it sorted ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE