BCUK meetup Poll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whos coming to the BCUK meetup?

• Count me in, I'm coming!!!! :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I cant make it, I'll try to be at the next one

• I'm not coming

• Total voters

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Sorry guys i made a mistake when i set up the poll last time so i have had to restart it :oops:

OK I'm intrested in knowing how many people are likley to be at BCUK meetup

so let us know are you coming? are you unable to make it but you'll try for the next?? or are you not coming?

if you are i'll meet you there :biggthump :pack:

crofter

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2004
UK
Stuart,
I've been reading the thread on the meetup with interest. Unfortunately I can't make it in August or to the wilderness gathering in Sept, but i am keen on future events.
Cheers
Aidan

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Just wondered so I know how much stuff to bring for the demo - still doesnt really matter - flexibilty is my middle name! :nana:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I won't be able to come to this meetup and it's looking unlikely for the Wilderness gathering too. I will try to get to the next meetup if it's a little closer to home! :eek:):

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Would love to come and meet all you guys but it's a bit too far for me to come at the moment.
Might have to see about a camp in central scotland???????

Cheers

JFW

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
bushwacker bob said:
I,m hoping to make it ,but wont know for sure til the week preceeding the meet.Is there a cut off on the booking date?

Dont worry there is no cut off date, obviouisly we cant take the money after the 18th of august though as we will all be traveling to the site, but bring your money with you and we'll see you right when you arrive

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Good point there - if theres not programme it'll go to a bag of worms.

Personaly speaking I plan on doing fire lighting Saturday - Just the one lecture I'm afriad - and then from that point onwards the bow drill stuff can be done anytime over the rest of the weekend. Probably in between other demo's ect.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
let us know when you would like to run your demos and workshops and it will be put on a large white board infront of the main building and another next to the main fire.

you can be flexiable as well though if you decide to do another demo just add another note to the board

its a fairly relaxed affair people will be there because they want to learn so they will seek you out

just stick a note on the board saying that you will be running a demo on such and such giving a place and time

I'm really looking forward to your demo Pete :eek:): could you tell us more about what your planning to do

jakunen

Native
Stuart said:
the plantlore stuff will be really good there a huge amount of fungi and edible plantlife around the site

Green stuff I'm more than happy to teach, but...
As I said to Gary, despite the fact that I can ID a number of fungi - both edible and non-edible, I am NOT prepared to do anything regarding fungi until I can find a course, or an expert, and learn to id them 1000%.

I don't want have anyone's illness or death on my conscience.

If someone asks me what a particular specimen is, if I can, I will id it, but on the understanding that I am NOT an expert mycologist, and can only say 'I think it is Boletus edulis, but ...'.
I will be bringing a couple of books on fungi for people to look at, but it will not be a formal part of the 'curriculum', per se.
And having said that I want to keep it fluid and use the site as the classroom, rather than sit in one spot for too long and 'lecture' people...

There are bound to be guys on the site and this forum who could teach me a LOT about mycology and I wll very happily bow to their superior knowledge and gratefully learn from them. I know my limitiations.

I don't mind poisoning myself, but I wouldn't want to risk anyone esle's health.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Wise words Jak - fungi is a law unto itself and in Merthyr Mawr its the fungi twilight zone. I've seen yummy osters ect well out of season and a few death caps raising their ugly heads too so best err on the safe side there.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Stuart.... we'll need to do the snares early as possible so we've got a better chance of catching rabbits..... so maybe friday evening.

Ed

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Stuart said:
I'm really looking forward to your demo Pete :eek:): could you tell us more about what your planning to do

Getting stuff hot and hitting it wiv an ammer.

Basic forging, as neo-tribal as I can make it (which means I suppose I have to leave my propane forge at home).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE