BCNW01 Northwest Reveiw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Very sensible design and an excellent choice for a main user.

Good review, though I think you ment to say inhale, rather than exhale on your chest lever grip?

I think with that knife and that wrist thick or so sapling you cut down you could probably manage with one cut either with the baton or with the technique described for wrist thick trees in Bushcraft by Mors Kochanski.

Another good review

Have you considered making a video(s) on all the different cutting tools available and how to use them? I say this because you clearly know your stuff and you have a good technique in front of camera. You could start with knives (Folders,Puukko's, Woodlores, Nessmuks etc) and maybe another on Choppers (Leuku's, Machetes, Axes etc). Just a thought...

Fin

SouthernCross

Forager
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
G'day Siberianfury

I enjoyed watching it . As already mentioned, you have a relaxed style in front of a camera :D

The handle looks like it is hand filling and would be comfortable in extended use.

Have you used it for cutting seasoned harwood? If so, how has it held up.

I ask this as just about all the wood I use for bushcraft is seasoned & knotty hardwood.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind regards
Mick

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
G'day Siberianfury

I enjoyed watching it . As already mentioned, you have a relaxed style in front of a camera :D

The handle looks like it is hand filling and would be comfortable in extended use.

Have you used it for cutting seasoned harwood? If so, how has it held up.

I ask this as just about all the wood I use for bushcraft is seasoned & knotty hardwood.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind regards
Mick

Cheers Mick,

ive used it for carving seasoned beech, the edge holds up well due to the micrbevel, i keep it at hair popping but even after serious work you could still finley slice paper or shave armhair even. it holds a good edge, i carry a Dc4 but have found no reason to sharpen it when outdoors, the only reason i do is the fact im OCD about edges and i like it to be perfect all the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE