Bayonet and kukuri

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
As title I have up for swaps a us7 1964 us marine corps bayonet with sheath and a Nepalese Gurkha kukuri with sheath two small blades all of which fit in the wood sheath which is clad in leather.
Any questions will be answered best I can .im looking for something shiny friction folder or fixed blade but open to offers.
First the kukuri
null-38.jpg

Second the top blade in the photo is the bayonet
null-37.jpg

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
VERY interested in the Kukri. I'll see what I can dig up to tempt you with.

I have a couple of vintage folding knives. Sheesh I don't know what I have to be honest. Tomahawks, fixed head axes, billhooks, drawknifes, assorted dutchovens for campsite cooking and posh cast irons ones for the kitchen. Take your pick.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
VERY interested in the Kukri. I'll see what I can dig up to tempt you with.

I have a couple of vintage folding knives. Sheesh I don't know what I have to be honest. Tomahawks, fixed head axes, billhooks, drawknifes, assorted dutchovens for campsite cooking and posh cast irons ones for the kitchen. Take your pick.
Pm sent bud fingers crossed

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
they would both scrub up beautiful. if biker cant tempt you with the things he has stashed in his cave no one can!!! :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Gurkha kukuri NOW TRADED. Thanks .
Just the bayonet left to re home

Trev, I have one of those bayonets in my drawer and at home. Prezzie from a mate who was leaving for OZ for keeps. Though not generally a fan of bayonets as knives ( I do like them for what they are though) it is a solid blade handle with a good sheath. Would make a good project or collectors piece as it's a solid basis for a lot of projects. Very similar to the (Norwegian) bayonet that I have in the drawer beside it which was the focus of "Survival Weaponry & Techniques" magazine bayonet of moding choice way back in the 80's. (Sure Mr Fenna could fill the gaps on that one).
Nice piece of kit and good luck with the sale/trade.
ATB,
GB.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Trev, I have one of those bayonets in my drawer and at home. Prezzie from a mate who was leaving for OZ for keeps. Though not generally a fan of bayonets as knives ( I do like them for what they are though) it is a solid blade handle with a good sheath. Would make a good project or collectors piece as it's a solid basis for a lot of projects. Very similar to the (Norwegian) bayonet that I have in the drawer beside it which was the focus of "Survival Weaponry & Techniques" magazine bayonet of moding choice way back in the 80's. (Sure Mr Fenna could fill the gaps on that one).
Nice piece of kit and good luck with the sale/trade.
ATB,
GB.
Thanks bud yes it is a nice thing and certainly a piece of history in my hand ,but sadly of no interest to me so ,she gonna go to a new home to be looked after for another 50 year or more.The guy who passed it on to me said its been in a draw in his house for 20 years ,this is the first time it's seen light in all those years.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Trade wise on the bayonet
I would love a leather sheath for a svord peasant horizontal carry or just off horizontal so the svord will not fall out.
Or something else shiny for me to engrave and play with .Try me you never know.
I'd also like a dpm basha not desert though if possible

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE