Batsford Arboretum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Had a weekend away with the little wifey down in the Cotswolds and we couldn't have asked for a more glorious time with the weather.

One of the places we visited was Batsford Arboretum and had a lovely time wandering around taking in all the beautiful sights and colours. If you're in the area make sure you go and spend some time there because it really does have some superb specimens.

Here's just a couple pictures that I took.

batsford1.jpg

batsford2.jpg

Hidden away in there is probably the tallest beech I've ever seen. It was a magnificent specimen which I reckon was in excess of 120' tall with a trunk over 6' in diameter. To give you an idea of perspective i had to stitch two pictures together because it was too big to get in one go. The couple in the picture were about 30' away from it up a slope and I was another 150' away further up the slope and about 20' higher than the base of the trunk

beech.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE