Basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
Hi all.

Just a quick question. I used to have a green dpm army basha, and it was great, strong and durable. Now my question is, are the desert bashas the same strength, material, size, design etc. Are they just a different colour?

Many cheers.

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
Waterproof Camouflaged Shelter
British Army Issue
Lightweight Strong Nylon
Silicone Waterproofing Along Centre Seam
Brass Eyelets For Suspending From Branches etc.
Reinforced Side Handles
Can Be Folded In Half And Used As Stretcher
Used Condition
Approx. 8 Foot by 7 Foot

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I had a stretcher one that I used as a hammock once.

Don't think the new ones are that strong unless they say stretcher in the name. I always thought it was overkill myself.
Most army type bashas are around that size, maybe more narrow. Certainly enough for being on the ground but not enough for most hammocks.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Hi all.

Just a quick question. I used to have a green dpm army basha, and it was great, strong and durable. Now my question is, are the desert bashas the same strength, material, size, design etc. Are they just a different colour?

Many cheers.

Yes, the desert DPM (and indeed the latest MTP) version of the issue basha are identical in all but the colour. Just as strong.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Waterproof Camouflaged Shelter
British Army Issue
Lightweight Strong Nylon
Silicone Waterproofing Along Centre Seam
Brass Eyelets For Suspending From Branches etc.
Reinforced Side Handles
Can Be Folded In Half And Used As Stretcher
Used Condition
Approx. 8 Foot by 7 Foot

I have a desert dpm basha and its exactly the same as you have written above.

Check the seam sealing though, mine was fine but have heard of quite a few problems with the bashas in general.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE