Base Layers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 13, 2009
Sussex
I find Merino wool to be by far the best option, but admit that most 'proper' Merino wool baselayers are crazily expensive. However, here's a tip. Pop round to your local Debenhams/M&S/equivalent. They're probably selling thin, 'smart' sweaters made of 100% Merino wool, for about 35-40 quid. This is a substantial saving from the recognised brands (Woolpower, Smartwool, Icebreaker, etc), and in my experience they perform just as well as a baselayer. My 'John Rocha' sweater, bought from Debenhams a few years ago, is still going strong, despite being worn a lot under my Filson cruiser wool jacket, which, whilst being a brilliant jacket, is unlined and made of fairly rough wool, so it's usually quite tough on any sweater that's worn underneath it. Shop around and you'll be able to find some green or brown ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE