Bargain Jetboil Minimo @ £95

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
If you can go without the Piezo setup decathalon are selling the full Zip system, for £60

I still don't think their worth the money tbh but each to their own

Tonyuk

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
If you can go without the Piezo setup decathalon are selling the full Zip system, for £60

I still don't think their worth the money tbh but each to their own

Tonyuk

Yup but id rather pay an extra 35 for a stove that offers so much more. If the jetboil was 30 I might consider it.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Bargain?!

No - the Alpkit Brukit - at £35, it's £60 less, is a bargain! The Minimo is daylight robbery.

I am, of course, assuming that Widu's post was ironic:)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The savings on Fuel may make it economically more viable if what they claim is tru:

Boiling two mugs of water in two minutes the MiniMo is twice as fast and uses half as much fuel as conventional stoves. It will boil 12 litres of liquid from a single isobutane/propane cooking gas cannister.

It'd be great for someone to test this claim against the alpkit one.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
That mentions "conventional" stoves. The Brewkit has a virtually identical design of pot/base with a similar gas burner/support head. (and the Brewkit pot is marginally bigger as well). But the Minimo does come with a plastic dish - clearly where the extra £60 went................

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The savings on Fuel may make it economically more viable if what they claim is tru:

It'd be great for someone to test this claim against the alpkit one.

There's a few comparisons out there about fuel consumption. I believe the jetboil is more efficient but only just. Not worth the price difference really i think is the overall feeling

Petrochemicals;

I don't see anything different that makes it more useful? The pot is shorter and fatter, and it has a piezo lighter? Everything else seems the same. I've got both a Zip and the brukit and tbh both are just outdoor gas powered kettles. Id take the brukit purely because its cheaper.

Tonyuk

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hey - don't get me wrong - I'll flash the cash for shinies as quickly as the next man - and probably quicker, come to think of it (and the wife will confirm..) I'm prepared to pay for quality. But don't treat me as a complete mug and charge so far over the odds that it is embarrassing on the basis of a name! (Particularly as the Minimo and Brukit were probably both made in the same Far East factory....................)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire

Interesting report there. Pity the tester used 100gm containers ("they fit inside the pot"), as the Brukit not only recommends 230gm containers, but can fit one inside it for the carry - I don't believe the Zip/minimo can. Probably why the boil time tests were so out of kilter with what most of Brukit owners report. And two 100gm containers weigh considerably more than 1x230gm container.

Also to be fair to the Jetboil, they do come with a stand, which the Brukit doesn't. Cost me a couple of pounds on ebay...

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Interesting report there. Pity the tester used 100gm containers ("they fit inside the pot"), as the Brukit not only recommends 230gm containers, but can fit one inside it for the carry - I don't believe the Zip/minimo can. Probably why the boil time tests were so out of kilter with what most of Brukit owners report. And two 100gm containers weigh considerably more than 1x230gm container.

Also to be fair to the Jetboil, they do come with a stand, which the Brukit doesn't. Cost me a couple of pounds on ebay...

I thought that myself, i used the stand that came with the Zip system myself (Cant beat a freebie).

My current favorite set-up is a set of these;

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-person...g-and-camping-pots-black-blue-id_8246406.html

paired with this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-...ping-Picnic-/371327392095?hash=item5674d6595f

With that set-up your not supporting the stove on the canister, and in the colder weather it can be turned upside down for a better flame. You can also do more with it as it seems to simmer well, if you wanted to fry you could use the lid, but its a bit small.

Heavier but more useful over all, leave the jet-kettle to boil in the bag / brews.

Tonyuk

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
To be honest, I'm not sure what my favourite set-up is anymore - depends upon what I'm doing, and whether I want to play with stoves! If push came to shove and allowing for all sorts of conditions, I'd probably take a Primus Omnifuel in a Trangia 25 or Meta-50 set-up. Ease of use in non-freezing conditions? Primus Etapower EF. Bit of fun, lightweight and water brewing? Swiss Volcano stove, possibly with a small minibull burner as backup if no wood available. Melting snow with access to wood - Vital stove - nothing beats it's 20,000BTU! Melting snow with no wood? Primus Omnifuel. Generating electricity? Powerpot 5 on any stove.

But reality is I'd just take loads of stoves to play with!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE