Heads Up - Jetboil Stove Clone £20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yep, but I've got paraffin and multi-fuel pressure stoves. What I need is something in the back of the Landy that will boil water and produce a cup of coffee in minutes without any hassle and, very importantly, that my other half can use easily as well :)

I had already decided to get a Jetboil so I think this is definitely worth a try.

Reactions: Nice65

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Yep, but I've got paraffin and multi-fuel pressure stoves. What I need is something in the back of the Landy that will boil water and produce a cup of coffee in minutes without any hassle and, very importantly, that my other half can use easily as well :)

I had already decided to get a Jetboil so I think this is definitely worth a try.

Fair enough - never used a jetboil but understand that they are very well thought of and if these clones do the job at a fraction of the price it is a bargain. :)

FWIW, my go to stove for no faff car camping etc. is one of these cheapo “suitcase” stoves which might not be jetboil quick are easy to use for cooking a fry up etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable...m=352289287750&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yep, that's exactly what we're using at the moment - permanently stays in the drawer at the back of the Landy together with all the brew kit. But I was out with a mate on top of a mountain, he was using a Jetboil and had his coffee a good 5 minutes before me and I had to make mine in the deepest recesses of the truck to protect it from the wind.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Yep, that's exactly what we're using at the moment - permanently stays in the drawer at the back of the Landy together with all the brew kit. But I was out with a mate on top of a mountain, he was using a Jetboil and had his coffee a good 5 minutes before me and I had to make mine in the deepest recesses of the truck to protect it from the wind.

They do have limitations as I found a few years ago camping in a lovely spot at Buttermere in January a bit unplanned so didn’t take my trusty Coleman twin burner. Trying to get butane to stay lit at minus 15 involved sacrificing a lot of body heat rotating canisters between armpit and stove to stop the gas freezing! Brrrr! :emoji_snowflake::emoji_snowflake:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
They do have limitations as I found a few years ago camping in a lovely spot at Buttermere in January a bit unplanned so didn’t take my trusty Coleman twin burner. Trying to get butane to stay lit at minus 15 involved sacrificing a lot of body heat rotating canisters between armpit and stove to stop the gas freezing! Brrrr! :emoji_snowflake::emoji_snowflake:

:) - been there :)

(the 'warming the gas with body heat' that is, though I've been to Buttermere too :) )

Reactions: Nomad64

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
So has anyone received one yet? :)

Mine has literally just arrived.
Gotta say it don't look too bad at all. Seem pretty well made and comes with a normal burner attachment piezo igniter and foot for the gas cylinder. Nice tight fitting silicone lid that would stay on while you pour

I'm going in to town later so I'll see if I can get some gas and I'll report back

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Well. It works lol

I'm not one for taking a stop watch to boil times but and I've her used a jet boil but it seemed pretty quick with about half a litre in it.

I also did myself a BLT with the burner attachment.
Kitchen frying pan about 12 inches across at the bottom was deffo as big as you want to use. Even it's a bit of a balancing act. But It seemed to spread the heat around that big area pretty well and the bacon cooked as good as it does on my oven top hob so we'll call that a win

All in all I'm chuffed with it, certainly for £20

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'm assuming that's without the pan stand?

Ah good point. I never thought to check as I was quickly testing it for a mate before she ordered one

So without pot stand it all fits in lid fully on.
With pot stand gas cylinder screwed in the lid just about goes on.
With pot stand gas cylinder Un connected the pot stand sticks up about a quarter inch above the lip of the main pot

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands

That's what this is for

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/primus...&utm_term=4576373553450717&utm_content=Marken

It's liquid feed on a flex so you just move the cannister close to the heat as needed. Not a bad price neither.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
That's what this is for

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/primus...&utm_term=4576373553450717&utm_content=Marken

It's liquid feed on a flex so you just move the cannister close to the heat as needed. Not a bad price neither.

I've never used a jetboil type stove - the "limitations" I was referring to was of the cheap "suitcase" type stove which other than in very cold conditions are otherwise a nice easy way of cooking out of the back of a car etc.

FWIW a petrol Coleman stove is my main "go to" stove for car camping.

The jetboil clone looks great and very tempting but I'm staying strong! ;)

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Why don't you get one of them pots then. The callor cartridges are good too, isobutane, it's worth the extra. On a point about thoes briefcase stoves, they are designed to gently warm the cartridge, to the point that big frying pans can make them explode because of heat reflection. Only in the heat though. A person with no legal prudence may advise a person to try lifting the flap to warm it faster. Not me though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE