Barbour Waxed Coats?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterW

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2004
Nottinghamshire
dogman said:
just found the thread , in reply to Jakunen and his worry about re proofing cost. if you go on the barbour website they are quoting £22.50 for re proofing if you send the jacket to the factory.

it's a shame to only use such a good jacket in the dry :cry:

I have reproofed my jacket several times, and I never use the proper oil stuff cos it smells, and it gets on everything.

I use a product called Renapur which is not only for leather, but anything that needs waterproofing. Its a bit like hide food, and contains Jojoba oil and beeswax, so it smells nice. It never sets in the pot, even if you leave the lid off !! They recon you can do 20 wax jackets from one pot, which I can believe. SWMBO has used it on her bike leathers, and I've used it on loads of shoes, boots and even the car seats..!!

Its not cheap, but it lasts for ages...

Cheers

Peter

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Gary said:
For bushcraft - heavy hot and sweaty - not really my cup of tea. For walking the dog or day trips to a farm - spot on!
I agree. I haven't got a Barbour model, but a model by a company called House of Hardy. It has a wool lining (not detatcable) and is bl**dy hot !
I don't use it much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE