Bank holiday weekend around Coniston

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Matt

I like the style of your vids, if I ever get my finger out and start taking some film, I hope to get something similar. Do you set out with something in mind? I think I'd try to capture the trip and show it like a story, the walk, the camp, the food, the sunset, the sunrise etc. Does it take anything away from just getting out, I think that's why I haven't got stuck in with the vids yet, mind the GoPro is easy enough with the remote and various mounts.

It looks like you had a bit more breeze to the south. Great looking camp for night one

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Nice one Matt

I like the style of your vids, if I ever get my finger out and start taking some film, I hope to get something similar. Do you set out with something in mind? I think I'd try to capture the trip and show it like a story, the walk, the camp, the food, the sunset, the sunrise etc. Does it take anything away from just getting out, I think that's why I haven't got stuck in with the vids yet, mind the GoPro is easy enough with the remote and various mounts.

It looks like you had a bit more breeze to the south. Great looking camp for night one

Cheers mate, much appreciated, still getting used to the video and the editing but it's all good fun. I don't usually set out with anything particular in mind but as you say I always try capture a bit of everything from each trip.

I haven't found it takes anything away from just getting out, I use a GoPro which probably helps as it's so small/light that I don't really notice it, it's either attached to one of my poles or on a tripod. This was the first time I've had a proper go trying the time-lapse which was fun. Once it's set-up and running I just leave it be and get on with whatever else needs doing, mainly sitting around relaxing ;-)

Really impressed with the GoPro though, very simple to use and as above very light and can take a beating and survive all weathers. Plus the app is very good, don't use it too much connected to my phone as it reduces the battery time but it's handy when needed.

Great trip mate! Coniston is a wonderful area! :)

Thanks, not done much in the Southern Fells so it was good to see a little more of it :)

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Not really a fan of trip vids usually, have to say i really enjoyed that though.

Looks like you mounted the GoPro to one of your hiking poles, any details on the mount please?

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Great vid!!! Loved it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool video Matt! :cool: Thanks for sharing.

Many thanks :)

Really enjoyed the style and quality of that video. Can I enquire as to the name of tarp , looks the biz !

Pete

Cheers Pete, The tarp is a MLD Trailstar

Not really a fan of trip vids usually, have to say i really enjoyed that though.

Looks like you mounted the GoPro to one of your hiking poles, any details on the mount please?

It's just a standard handlebar mount a bit like this one, but a cheapo version from ebay

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE