Bamboo Safari

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
It's been a while since I last posted on here so I thought I would show what I have been working on lately...
Finished these a few weeks ago but have been waiting on leather cord for the lanyards...its my first attempt at something like this and I have really enjoyed it and I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

A couple of Victorinox from the Safari range...an Adventurer (Solo) and a Pathfinder, I replaced the plastic scales with some bamboo ones.
I've left them quite thick as I have quite big hands and wanted them to fill the hand for a good grip.
Added some leather lace lanyards with bone and wood beads.
Adventurer (Solo)
DSC00376.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

Pathfinder
DSC00379.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

Both
DSC00384.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

Thanks for looking

Jan 23, 2012
Dorset
Nice work, where did you get the bamboo from? I've wanted to try working with bamboo but not sure where to get it from.
Jjj

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
Nice work, where did you get the bamboo from? I've wanted to try working with bamboo but not sure where to get it from.
Jjj

Cheers mate...I got the bamboo from B&Q in the outdoor gardening bit, was quite some time ago so not sure if they still stock it?
I bought it to make a headboard for a bed and with the off cuts made 2 pots for pens etc...its really thick stuff in lengths of just over 6ft I think its for use in Japanese/Chinese styleornamental gardens.
Here it is mate...I got the scales for both knives out of one section but reckon I could have got another set if planned a bit better...so theres plenty in one pole for quite a few scales ;)

Colin.W

Nomad
May 3, 2009
Weston Super Mare Somerset UK
Jjj

I found some bamboo to repair a jewelery box for my daughter from some flooring planks in one of the DIY places (cant remember if it was B&Q or wickes) not the veneered stuff but the engineered boards about 3/4inch thick, with proper wood not mdf with a paper thin veneer on top

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE