Bahco Folding Saw - Replacement Blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I use a Bahco folding saw which I bought as a pruning saw. It appears to be identical (although black/orange rather than black/green in colour) to the Laplander saw which I've noticed on some Bushcraft websites. Does anyone know of a supplier of replacement blades please?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
most of the sites the stock them do the blades to.. www.trekdirect.co.uk and www.raymears.com spring to mind.. not sure about any others.. however its only the laplander blade stocked by them.. where you looking for a different one..

(laplander is suited to cutting both dry and green wood other models are suited to one or other type of wood)

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Thanks - my pruning blade cuts on the pull-stroke only so it might be slightly different. I'll check out the websites. Thanks again.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Hi falcon,

There are at least 3 variants of the bahco saw. The basic differenc is the tooth form and pitch.

One's close to a classic japanese style through fairly coarse for green wood, the laplander is an all round hybrid that's not as aggressive on green wood but is tougher and better for doing seasoned wood. I think the third is an "XT" tooth form.

They're ALL pull cut and I would expect the blades to be interchangeable though I've never tried this. Main point I'd check is that they're the same length. I have a vague impression from when I was checking them out that they're not all the same blade length.

Woodlore were doing laplander blades for £12 something inc VAT & delivery. I noticed when ordering some "artic summer" midge repellant from them last night.

Cheers

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Thanks - I think mine is possibly the XT form (rather like the Spear & Jackson handsaw blades types which have become popular in recent years?) and it's a top performer. From the photographs the handle shape, size and mechanism appears to be the same so I'd hope they're interchangeable. I'll look at the websites and/or try to find a local stockist in so that I can examine them more closely.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've seen the replacement blades in some garden centres. You might also try Amazon.
I used my black and orange Bahco side by side with the Laplander when I did my course and couldn't tell the difference in use, but the laplander blade did look more agressive.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE