Bahco 2444 Mora Knife - Experiences?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Right , I have searched with nil satisfaction.

I'm looking at furnishing a local group with a load of knives and the Bahco 2444 caught my eye due to it price.

"There can be few more demanding environments for a knife to function in than the deck of a fishing vessel. Salt spray that gets into every nook and cranny and eats steel alive, freezing fingers, poor visibility, and to top it all, a higher than usual probability of a situation occurring where a sharp knife might just save a life. The Bahco Mora knife is made from high alloy stainless steel, giving it excellent corrosion resistance. The blade is only hardened to RC55, sacrificing a little edge retention but giving the blade immense toughness and sharpenability.
The handle and sheath are robust and well designed, the handle has a patterned elastomer surface for excellent grip - even with cold, wet, slippery fingers - and the knife snaps into the sheath, so it won't fall out, but can easily be drawn and re-sheathed with one hand."

So , due to its softer nature is it easier to sharpen then a traditional SS knife??

Who's got one or has used one and your views please.

TA Muchly sweeties.:)

vildor

Nov 6, 2010
Portugal - Lisbon
I have two of thoose... And I know a lot more people who do also carry a Bahco clipper.

No problems with edge retention at all... You notice it a little while heavy carving (especially on seasoned wood), but nothing out of ordinary.
Just go for it.. Can't go wrong really... It's a Clipper =D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE