Backpacks - 5.11 Rush, any opinions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daleios

Jun 2, 2015
Yorkshire
Reference axe holder; purchase an open torch pouch (I think Maxpedition?) and that will hold tightly and be molle compatible. Choose your colour and wham!
865755963c3644d722fd704c5919ff2c.jpg

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!
That's exactly what I was thinking of.

Daleios

Jun 2, 2015
Yorkshire
Are there anymore cool / essential molle attachments that I should bare in mind.

I'm wanting some inspiration and ideas of what I do with mine when I get round to ordering it. Photos would be brilliant if anyone's got any? ☺

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Are there anymore cool / essential molle attachments that I should bare in mind.

I'm wanting some inspiration and ideas of what I do with mine when I get round to ordering it. Photos would be brilliant if anyone's got any? ☺

Personally I am not a big fan of the MOLLE system, and the PALS webbing tends to a) effect waterproofness & b) add a lot of weight

If I was looking for a simple 3 day pack I would look at the Berghaus munro. Unless of course you really want the military appearance of the 5.11 or Wisport packs.

The only Molle pouche that I own is a Maxpedition glove pouch, which I wear on my belt when on duty as it's the fastest way of deploying gloves when approaching a casualty. I am guessing that isn't a use case that many would need in a bushcraft context.

I keep looking at the Maxpedition Rolly polly dump pouches as general belt pouches for water et al. Wish someone made an ultralightweight version.

This video by MCQBushcraft has an effective use of MOLLE pouches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMKnWQaBf3E

Hope this helps.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE