Back out on the bunnies last night!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I don't hunt with a pack for foxes - never have done, never will do. (prefer motorbikes to horses!) But to hear some of the ill-informed rubbish the antis come up with does make me wince!

Is it a sport or vermin control? to those in the Hunt, its a sport - no real argument there. Is it cruel? By Natures standards, its incredibly humane - the fox is either killed almost immediately or gets away scot-free. The carcase might be torn apart, but its a dead carcase within a couple of seconds of the first dog arriving. You want to see real cruelty (if you athropomorphise Nature..) watch a pack of dhole, or wolves, or hyenas - eating a prey animals guts whilst its still alive.

What is beyond doubt is the good the hunts do to the countryside. Apart from weeding out the weaker foxes, thereby improving the species, they maintain the countryside to ensure themselves good hunting. That means funding farmers to maintain spinneys and copses, hedges etc etc. which would otherwise be cut and ploughed under, and pump a huge amount of money into the regions, with the spin-offs in jobs and infrastructure.

Taking a "moral" stand against hunting I can understand. Failing to understand the issues yet still going on about "post toffs on horses torturing our furry friends" I can't.

Stratts

Forager
Nov 2, 2010
Yaxley, Peterborough
That's one of the best posts I've read on the subject of hunting for a long time Andy, I couldn't agree more mate! Pity the politicians don't see it the same way and change the law back like they said they would if they got power!!

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Looks like a great couple of hours. I am an avid shooter and I have been doing it since I was little with my father. I am trying to pass the same knowledge and respect for nature onto my step-son and I believe that there is nothing wrong with hunting/killing animals for food and for species control.

Nice work

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Pity the politicians don't see it the same way and change the law back like they said they would if they got power!!

Absolutely right Sir, if they had actually done so, our law abiding sportsman/women would be competing in the shooting sports in the impending summer games instead of watching other countries enjoying their sporting freedom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE