Another night out with a change of tactic & rifle (graphic pics warning!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stratts

Forager
Nov 2, 2010
Yaxley, Peterborough
Made the most of the cracking weather last night and got out on my main permission for a couple of hours. After getting the kids in bed I grabbed the CZ 452 .22 WMR (winchester magnum rimfire) rifle and set off about 7.30 for a bit of longer range control.

Me and my mate bought an MOT failure Vitara for this place which we keep in a barn and modified by booting out he windscreen for easy shooting! He's known as 'The Mule'

I like to have a ride around to see what's about and wasn't dissapointed when I saw 2 lovely big Roe doe's and a badger. There are loads of hares too but we've been asked to leave them for a while and they are quite comical to watch anyway.

There's another spot that's been hit hard which is tricky to stalk, so we sit high up on a bank and take them from 30 - 150 yards with the rimmies from the luxury of the mule.

Anyway here's some pics and the end result 2 for the dealer and 2 for the pot. The smaller ones go to my sisters zoo to feed the snakes!!

The mule

Photo0859.jpg

.22 WMR rounds with balistic tips

Photo0858.jpg

And the damage they do at 100 yards!!

Photo0862.jpg

The rifle ready and waiting.

Photo0851.jpg

Arty farty shot of the sunset!!

Photo0854.jpg

Area of damage we're trying to minimise.

Photo0852.jpg

The end result!! The 3 bottom bunnies have exit wounds from face on shots, not belly shots before someone jumps on me again, lol!!!

Photo0861.jpg

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Looks like another good time. I wish I had a permission as lovely as that, all I have got is local allotments and they don't throw much up often.

Stratts

Forager
Nov 2, 2010
Yaxley, Peterborough
Cheers I am very lucky as this is 1000 acres alone and they've just asked us to help out on another 2000 acre estate they have purchased that hasn't been shot for 18 months or so!!

Something I say to alot of people is try the local stables and equestrian centers mate. They often get overlooked and have big problems with bunnies. I have 2 I shoot too with the air rifle. Can be quite a challenge as well due to the open nature of the paddocks!

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
The only problem round here is everyone is a "shooter" as they all have air rifles and covincing land owners to allow you to take the permission is deftly hard.

Stratts

Forager
Nov 2, 2010
Yaxley, Peterborough
No mate it has a decent moderator and even though you have the supersonic crack, it is a bit less than a hmr and 100 yds down range the bunnies take no notice. I've bowled over 2 that have been inches apart that haven't moved after the 1st shot!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE