Babys first spoon

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Seeing as it has been nice weather this weekend me and the wife have sat out in the garden at night with a fire, couldnt have a drink as I've been on call:rolleyes: so I got to work carving our babys first spoon, our babys due in August and time is flying so fast,:eek: there are a couple of projects that I want to get done while I have the time and this was one.

It was carved from some Cherry that I was splitting for the fire, saved this piece

DSC_0228.jpg

Next to my EDC for scale

DSC_0234-1.jpg

All the best.

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
Nice one Simon.

May I offer some unsolicited advice? If you buy, read, and follow the book "Sleep - the secret of problem-free nights" by Beatrice Hollyer, you have a great chance of having a happy little baby who likes going to sleep. (Assuming this is your first?)

Best

O

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
nice work:) i like the way you have carved it shallow, some people seem to forget that a babies mouth isnt that big!
which tool did you use for the work?

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice one Simon.

May I offer some unsolicited advice? If you buy, read, and follow the book "Sleep - the secret of problem-free nights" by Beatrice Hollyer, you have a great chance of having a happy little baby who likes going to sleep. (Assuming this is your first?)

Best

O

Cheers for that, I'll check it out, it is our first I felt it kick for the first time last night, amazing feeling had a big smile on my face all day today:D :D

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
nice work:) i like the way you have carved it shallow, some people seem to forget that a babies mouth isnt that big!
which tool did you use for the work?

Cheers, I used a Mora clipper to carve the spoon.

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
Cheers for that, I'll check it out, it is our first I felt it kick for the first time last night, amazing feeling had a big smile on my face all day today:D :D

It is an amazing feeling, isn't it? Enjoy. It gets tough too, but it's worth it. Leo is 19 months now and helping me out at the allotment - holding screws for me to screw shuttering together, dead serious look on his face.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
awww, thats so sweet and thoughtful. The spoon is wonderful. Are you going to make any homemade wooden toys? that would be great!

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Cheers I'm sure there will be food all over the walls:) Cheers Lindz I.ve been thinking about making some toys, not sure what though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE