B&Q LED mini torch for £1.98

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just thought I'd bring it to your attention if you're not aware of it already. I was in the UK on Thursday on a flying visit with a mate who had to buy a boot load of stuff from B&Q which he can't buy over here in France.

Anyway I soon got bored looking at tins of paint and curtain tie backs so I wandered off to look at the tools and torches and came away with 2 LED torches that were reduced to £1.98 each. They're a single L.E.D. with a magnifying glass as a lens cover, comes with the batteries and casts a YOOOGE spot like beam at 40 feet. At 20 feet it's even better. It's amazing!

Look out for it. It's B&Q own brand make and is mounted on a black and crey card under a plastic shroud. It's silver with a twist on button like the Maglights and has a dinky little keyring attachment.

I'm well impressed with it.

Here's the link to the blurb at their website that I just found.

B&Q Torch

Nope, I don't have shares in B&Q :lmao:

Buy with confiedence and be prepared to be impressed.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I checked these out yesterday. I noticed that they use three little button cells so I didn't get one as I much prefer AA or perhaps AAA for something like this. But thanks for the heads up!

Biker

Try this one then Ged

I bought one of these off of ebay for £2.55 including postage from China to France. I figured for that price it was cheap enough to use and lose and not regret too much if I did drop it down a hole someplace.

Having got it I was most impressed! You keep pressing the button for each of the three functions; UV light, LED lights and then the red laser pointer dot. It takes 3 AAA batteries and will light the way to salvation.

No connection with the seller, just a very satisifed customer.

As for the B&Q torch. Yes the batteries is a downside but for that price I wasn't going to get too fussy.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Try this one then Ged

I bought one of these off of ebay for £2.55 including postage from China to France. I figured for that price it was cheap enough to use and lose and not regret too much if I did drop it down a hole someplace.

Having got it I was most impressed! You keep pressing the button for each of the three functions; UV light, LED lights and then the red laser pointer dot. It takes 3 AAA batteries and will light the way to salvation.

No connection with the seller, just a very satisifed customer.

As for the B&Q torch. Yes the batteries is a downside but for that price I wasn't going to get too fussy.

Thanks for the heads-up - just ordered three. For under £8.00 including p & p from China!!!

Intrigued to see what these will be like

Best Wishes
David

Biker

Hehehehhehe Fooled you, they're shyte. :lmao:

Got ya worried didn't I? Go on admit it.

But seriously I was well impressed with this torch. As for how can they make it for that price. I have a clue, but my best mate used to work for a company that made flame effect gas fires and contracted a Chinese company to make the main chassis, naturally it meant several business trips to China. He saw things over there that will curl your hair. So although you're buying something made in a country that empoys people to work in a windowless building on a lathe under single light bulb soldered to a piece of flex, know that somehow you're making thier lives just a leeetle better by buying this product.

Guilt trip over.

While on ebay I also bought one of THESE. Never owned a headlamp before so this was a first. Have to say I was again well impressed with it. It has 4 functions 4, 8 or all 18 LEDs light up giving you variant levels of light. With the last press of the button on the top all 18LEDs flash like a demented Belisher beacon. This is some sort of distress beacon. Clever idea I thought.

My only niggle is the way the straps are attached to the torch chassis, they sort of just hook through an open buckle. I suppose this is so you can remove the headband to wash it.

This torch can be seen for sale by the same seller for a variety of prices and he also has some seriously impressive other torches etc for well under a tenner. I just love LED torches.

Hope this little heads up helps too.

Still haven't figured out what possible use having a UV torch can be other than finding the flourescent painted item you dropped in the grass, as under that light it really makes them shine in the dark.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE