Axe TLC , Swedish Army & Finnish Billnas 12/3

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
5,302
67
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Had a relaxing weekend working on two axes that need time :)

First was a Swedish Army axe that I had from Military mart some time back ,

Karl & I already did a field repair on this one as the head was loose and badly fitted ,



Time to sort it out



All paint removed but I never went mad as it needs a bit of green ...:)



Head rehung as I said it was a bit badly fitted so the new wedge is offset but solid ,



Bit of oil and there it is ,,,:D



Shown with its big bro that was sorted some time back ,





Then came the for me harder axe to sort ...The Finnish Billnas 12/3. This came from Martti in Finland many thanks mate :cool:.

Loads on the net on these classics ,



First thing i learnt from the net was " Everyman makes his own handle "....Owww says I hmmmm Problem is im not a wood worker but i will have a go .



To be honest I did buy a axe handle and will make it fit :p

So its getting there still loads of work to do but i the true feel of projects I am learning loads :D



More to follow on this one

Twodogs
 
  • Like
Reactions: MrEd
Although you can use the Billnäs as an "ordinary" axe, I would suggest that you would use its relatively small size in your advantage and use a 45 cm long handle.
 
Mainly it's made to look through it.

Some use it as a cigarette holder.

Supporting US american troops could have stored used chewing gums in it.

;0)

Perhaps @Janne knows different options???
 
  • Like
Reactions: DanBow

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE