axe mask for cold steel tomahawk

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have made a sheath for my cold steel trail hawk, now first of i would like to thank martyn for the thread on bcuk for modding the trail hawk of which i have also done, really enjoyed doing this project, i have been doing little bits in between orders when other stuff has been drying.
i have bee playing about doing some different patterns with some of my tools and i liked this one, its like little arrow heads when done properly, in the basket weave.
i also have wanted to do a bit of spanish lacing so thought this would be the perfect project for it, and really loved doing it even tho its not as easy as it looks, in parts it drove me mad, but turned out of in the end, and have learnt a few more different types for different edges.
it has been dyed a nice saddle tan, and antiqued a little to bring the colour down a few shades.

IMG_3416 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3418 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3419 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3421 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3423 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3424 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3427 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
and take care.
lee.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Is this the point where a functional piece of equipment, in this case a guard to stop the unwary from cutting themselves, becomes a work of art in its own right? Gawd, I'm beginning to sound like someone off SkyArts...

But, a beautiful thing nevertheless...

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Keep looking at these hawks

Tamarack have them for sale at the mo for around £30

Are they that good ?

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Lee, loving that, it really suits it. You'll have to try to stop working so hard and make a meet soon, we miss you. Get Dean out as well innit!NW in July maybe?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE