Axe/Hatchet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 22, 2006
uk
have a look around the second hand shops etc, ironmongers and whatever in town, you'll find summat useable. older steel tends to be better quality, you may want to stick a new handle on it tho,
get it good and sharp, and youre away!

D

deezee_uk

I got a Wetterlings Wildlife Axe from the US via ebay for £11 +P&P. All depends on how much you wanna spend, and what your going to do with it.

cyclist

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 9, 2006
holstein
UKmDEVON said:
Can anyone tell me where I can get a chaep small axe or hatchet from?

cheap ones come from department stores. Cheap doesn´t mean it has to be bad - my Axe-Guru Old Jimbo has a cheap hatchet www.oldjimbo.com/survival/hatchet.html for more on axes, hatchets and other sharp stuff work through www.oldjimbo.com/survival/ , this forum, British blades, outdoorforum etc.pp.

A good axe for a low price? Depends on how lucky you are.

D

deezee_uk

For price, compared to UK retailers, and frankly I love the quality of Wetterlings, you just can't beat an axe for £25 delivered to your door. Granfors axes are nice, but they aren't twice as good for more than twice the price. Anyway, I've used this guy, he was great to deal with.

Ebay seller of Axes

S.A.W-Hunter-Axe.jpg

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
what is the differents between a axe or hatches.

for general bushcraft would you go for axe or hatche and what is the idea size or do you work by wieght.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE