Axe Bonanza - Cegga, Finlay, Knives of Alaska

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Small Cegga £80 Still Available - WITHDRAWN, going to ebay tonight

Happy Sunday everyone.

At the end of the camping season I have come to realise that a man can only use so many axes
smile.gif
So while they are all lovely, some have to go
verysad.gif

I have found that for MY handsize and preferred weight I am going back to my Gransfors each time.

The axes below are for sale (not trade). Prices are for UK delivery by a signed for, insured method appropriate to the value. Price includes paypal fees and delivery cost (which in some cases is a lot because they are heavy
tongue.gif
).

If you want to meet for a cash sale, I can knock off the postage and the paypal. We can discuss by pm if this is the case.

These axes are also listed elsewhere so the time stamp of a private message will count as long as you respond within 24 hours when I get in touch otherwise another buyer will be given the option.

The Gransfors SFA is for scale, not sale. All axes come with a leather sheath, blathered in Renwax with NO DAMAGE to the head at all.

Cheers

K

1. Large Cegga axe. About the same size as a Gransfors SFA. Excellent condition but used by previous owner to me. £110 SOLD

2. Small Cegga axe. Excellent condition but used by previous owner to me. £80 Gransfors at the top of pic is not for sale

3. Finlay Axe. Nice long handle and quite lightweight. £50 SOLD

4. Knives of Alaska - Hunter's Hatchet. A little pocket axe about the same size as the smallest Gransfers with quite a heavy head of S-7 carbon steel. Two available.

The first one is in excellent condition £35 SOLD.

The second is in excellent condition BUT there is a twist on the handle position as it was not fitted straight by the factory. I couldn't be bothered to send it back and it still cuts wood
wink.gif
. I'll knock a fiver off because of this
£25 SOLD.

(Pics 1 and 2 are the Ceggas)

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lol, no seriously though, I'd better not after just getting the Wildlife today.

I'll keep an eye on it but I can't see it being around for long

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
roughly, what's the haft length and head weight on the small cegga please?

*edit
If you don't know the head weight then compared to an sfa will be fine mate

Cheers...adam

Last edited:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Done some weighing. Gransfors SFA is listed as 1kg on Rays site.

Small Cegga is 626g without sheath, 693g with sheath (this is a total weight - sorry not gong to take the head of to check :eek::eek:)

Hope that helps

Nice size and weight for carrying in your pack :)

K

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The small Cegga is, I 'm fairly sure, one of my designs. If so it is a Cegga/Br Hunter. Its is a polished, forged 500g head on a 40cm helve designed as a lightweight "pack axe".

HTH

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
One final bump good people...with the only price drop that will happen before they both go to a wider audience on eBay (axes are still allowed :eek:).

Prices are all in for UK delivery.

SMALL CEGGA £80
HUNTERS HATCHET £25

cheers

K

Last edited:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I've been off with the lurgy so haven't been able to load on ebay yet.

One last bump for the small Cegga @ £80 all in before the bay beckons on Sunday. Please get in touch before then if you are interested.

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE