Autine Axes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I know nothing about the maker or his axes but thanks for the videos... I really enjoyed watching the forging one :)

Me to, he looks to be an amazing blacksmith,

The blacksmith (Janis Nimanis AKA John Neeman) used to work for and was a founding member of "neeman tools" he then left and started another company called Autine . So the only place you can get an axe forged by this guy now is from his new company Autine

From what I have been able to find out the company Autine consists of Janis Nimanis the blacksmith,an apprentice, a leather worker, a carpenter and a young lady who looks after the customer service bits and internet site, Its a small team of craftsmen. They are based in Latvia

Last edited:

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Sorry, no personal experience but here's some links that might interest you. You've probably seen some of these before, but hopefully not all.
I know that when I'm interested in a certain product, I really enjoy reading everything I possibly can about it, and I hope you do too.
Autine Tools-Forestry Forum Support Auction Large Forest Axe #1 begins!

John Neeman axes

John Neeman vs. Gransfors Bruks (review)

A review of the John Neeman bearded axe

Traditional Finnish Forest Axe (hand forged)

Bearded Eye Broad Axe (by John Neeman)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Sorry, no personal experience but here's some links that might interest you. You've probably seen some of these before, but hopefully not all.
I know that when I'm interested in a certain product, I really enjoy reading everything I possibly can about it, and I hope you do too.
Autine Tools-Forestry Forum Support Auction Large Forest Axe #1 begins!

John Neeman axes

John Neeman vs. Gransfors Bruks (review)

A review of the John Neeman bearded axe

Traditional Finnish Forest Axe (hand forged)

Bearded Eye Broad Axe (by John Neeman)

Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to post all these links :) Loads of info there
I actually succumbed to temptation a few days ago and have one of there hunter axes on order, the wait is 4 months;)

cheers
Phil

Last edited:

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I just found the videos on YouTube and searched here to find this thread. The guy has all the toys there, if i win the lottery I know what I'm learning to do!

Shame he felt the need to Anglicise his name tho.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Wranglerstar did a comparative review video

[video=youtube;Xq5vpqHug7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq5vpqHug7s[/video]

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I have been using my autine hunter axe all winter now for limbing trees and splitting my fire wood for the burner , I have been really happy with it , it just does everything well . I will try to find time to get some proper feed back put up here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE