Authentic Indian Lunch Box Steel Tiffin

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hey Aragorn,
Good call mate, the lack of a long solid handle might make frying a bit dangerous but they look idealy suited for warming up a home prepared meal by suspending from a tripod or kitchen crane.

Nice one

Ogri the trog

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Aragorn said:
came across these on "evil bay", wondered if they would be any good to cook with. Anyone seen them before ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290046754525&ssPageName=ADME:L:DBS:UK:11

Dabba boxes are brilliant. I wish I'd got one brought over when we were 'offshoring'.

For carrying a curry and rice they are unbeatable. I'm not sure how they would stand up to being cooked in. You can re-heat in them (loosen the tops)

There was also an excellent Radio 4 documentary about these get from way out in the 'burbs into the city. Basically it's a huge postal system that uses bicycles at both ends and trains in the middle with clearing houses on the trains to make sure each delivery person gets the stuff for his round. I can't find it on the site but there's a story here:

BBC

If you see any more of these going I want one.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
I bought one ages ago. They are very small I thought it would be ok for backpacking. they are well made not big enough, when it arrived I made out I had bought it for my little grandson :eek:

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
bent-stick said:
There was also an excellent Radio 4 documentary about these get from way out in the 'burbs into the city. Basically it's a huge postal system that uses bicycles at both ends and trains in the middle with clearing houses on the trains to make sure each delivery person gets the stuff for his round. I can't find it on the site but there's a story here:

BBC

I heard the Radio 4 documentary too. What amazed me was the fact that hardly any of the tiffin carriers can read yet there's only one error in every 10,000 deliveries. :35:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The two medium sets arrived today, very good quality, I'm a happie chappie :)

Ideal for a packed lunch, or just storing stuff in :D

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Took mine out for a meet last weekend. I discovered that it needs some form of handle. It has potential but a handle is a must, the problem is holding it while its hot or frying etc.

Sandsnakes :dunno:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
sandsnakes said:
Took mine out for a meet last weekend. I discovered that it needs some form of handle. It has potential but a handle is a must, the problem is holding it while its hot or frying etc.

Sandsnakes :dunno:

Try the grip handle off a Trangia?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
havingagiraffe said:
I heard the Radio 4 documentary too. What amazed me was the fact that hardly any of the tiffin carriers can read yet there's only one error in every 10,000 deliveries. :35:

Aye but they could be crap at maths as well...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE