AustriAlpin adjustable GT Cobra

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
As a replacement for my Nexus waist belt buckle I tried an AustriAlpin GT Cobra (polymer), both sides adjustable. Unfortunately it doesn't work. The perpetual motion unloops the webbing. And the constant need for retightening is not acceptable.
I contacted AustriAlpin (nice guys) and they agreed. They told me that the adjustable polymer version is not intended for waist belt use.
So for this pupose you should go for the aluminum version (which is too heavy for me) or for the non-adjustable polymer GT in an Osprey-style (which I personally don't like). It's a shame - great buckle.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
There are fashion (FM) cobra buckles, still aluminium but something like 1/3rd of weight but not PPE rated.

Last edited:

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Jayjays use cobra buckles on their newer webbing sets, they have 2 smaller locking buckles to either side to keep the adjustment.

commanders-front-enlarged.jpg

You would need a it to be a thin-ish belt though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE