Aussie Hoochie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
it's 2.5 meter by 1.75 meter. I personally wouldn't buy one now, if i havent got one already, after much thinking 2 poncho's are cheaper and give you a much flexible setup possibilit. You can always sewn some loops on poncho's to make it easyier to setup.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
well if you're making your own, there're might be a few extras you might want to incorporate. you might want to check out the cool page on tarps over at www.equipped.com or on sgt rocks homepage, sorry don't know the link offhand.

i got a big coleman groundsheet cheap and stuck a load of extra grommets in. the idea was to have a play with the various tarp tent configurations like the gorge tent and so on in kepharts book. haven't done much playing yet though, so many projects...

cheers, and.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
sargey said:
you might want to check out the cool page on tarps over at www.equipped.com or on sgt rocks homepage, sorry don't know the link offhand.

I'll tell you if it's cool once I've finished reading it! :-D
I don't think I've ever been on a web page that was so long before, but at least there's plenty of info.

For anyone who wants a quick link it's
http://www.equipped.org/tarp-shelters.htm

Sgt Rocks page is a bit shorter(!) but it does use photos instead.
http://hikinghq.net/gear/tarp.html

Cheers,
Stew.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Just for a point of interest the British Army Basha is a full half a kilo heavier than the Aussie Hootchie. Doesn't matter if you aren't going far but if your kit is weight sensitive then it make's big difference.

BA Basha 1.3 kg

Aussie Hootchie .8 kg

..............I think I might need to get out more, I shouldn't really now information like that!

Jack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE