Aussie Hoochie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Are they much cheaper in Oz? I've got a friend going out there in a couple of weeks. :biggthump Oh and were do you get them?
cheers
Rich

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
When i looked into getting some from Oz lasty year, it seems like most surplus shops do them for about £30.

I plan to have a bit of a rummage when i am over there, so I will let you know what I find.

I got some ex-issue auscam stuff from a friend who was in the forces over there. Mel wears the trousers all the time now, so they must be good.

Mar 2, 2004
B+Q ...green tarp..three quid..2mx3m..
thats 10 for thirty quid!!!
im gonna hold off on a 60 quid hoochie for a while.it will be nice to get one eventually ..perhaps

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
i'm serving in the ADF at the moment (3RAR) so if anyone's got any ?? regarding ADF kit feel free to ask i'll be happy to help.

regarding the hootchie, you'll pick it up from some of the better known army surplus stores for about AUD$30-40 depending on if you want a OD one or one with Auscam pattern.

regards
Jeelan

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Carpe_Diem said:
i'm serving in the ADF at the moment (3RAR) so if anyone's got any ?? regarding ADF kit feel free to ask i'll be happy to help.

regarding the hootchie, you'll pick it up from some of the better known army surplus stores for about AUD$30-40 depending on if you want a OD one or one with Auscam pattern.

regards
Jeelan
Just for reference, AUD$10 works out at about £4! :shock:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Martyn said:
Look here....

http://www.survivalschool.co.uk/acatalog/Shelters_and_Hammocks.html

The one at the top of the page, olive drab, large 2.5m x 1.7m lots of loops and eyelets and £24.99

I just got one last week and it's superb, a really nice piece of gear - I cant imagine how any of the others are better finished. I'm very pleased with it - In fact I might even buy a spare.
Any labels on it Martyn? Sounds like the one I got from Penrith Survival.

However, for the ultimate finish, you want the SASS Basha sheet that has eyelets, D-rings, tapes and cordura reinforced corners. Top kit in my book! :biggthump

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Adi007 said:
Any labels on it Martyn? Sounds like the one I got from Penrith Survival.

Yeah, square label on the side...

hootch1.jpg

the corners andall the loops are reinforced and seem well finished to me...

hootch2.jpg

hootch3.jpg

Packs down small too - no problem popping it into a crusader mug...

hootch4.jpg

The nylon has some kind of wax coating - it has a waxey feel to it anyway.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
That's the issue sheet ... the waxy feel is silicone. Nice looking bit of kit Martyn ... and a good price too!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Martyn said:
Adi007 said:
That's the issue sheet ... the waxy feel is silicone. Nice looking bit of kit Martyn ... and a good price too!

Cool, is this the same one that RM is selling for £60 then?

Apart from the fact that his are AusCam, pretty much :-D

You'll find that at night the olive green melts into the darkness ... can be darn hard to find!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Only OG now ... shame that, I liked the look of Auscam (I use a DPM one).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE