Wanted Aussie cam tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
I have both. Exactly the same size mine are.
To be honest I never knew there was an OP version, which is what we must have had. It felt absolutely palacial after the issue 58 pattern poncho. Putting my jelly bean tarp next to a 58 poncho, theres about 10 inches in length and width difference in favour of the Aussie one. I had my Aussie OG one to about 2001 when it died a death as a cover on a roof rack load to France. I bought the newer version probably 10 years later and it felt very narrow compared with my old one. I should imagine the OP version is pretty rare nowadays?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The markings on mine are this label

and a big black arrow stamp on the inside at the middle. I good identifyer is the real ones are made from a single sheet, there's no centre seams.

The OP version i have very little info on, since I stopped collecting I've not bothered transferring files when we have changed computers. I've only seen one photo which probably is one of a Aussie officer and a bunch of Sgts and a radio op sheltering. My main source of information ( and this was 20 years back) was the guy I was getting a lot of Vietnam era kit from ( as well as my hootchie ) at the time who said he would look for one for me but they were as rare as hens teeth even in Oz, and he hadn't had one for years. They may be referred to in Rick Landers book Saddle Up! but again I sold my copy.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Here's pics of mine, as I think I said I'll be happy to part with it as a swap for a as new DD Hamocks 4 x 4m in Olive green. Its sat in a drawer for about 20 years as I much prefer plain coloured bashas.

The white marks on the the inside edges is just the seam sealant they used back in 98, its not coming off.

Xf8UeUa.jpg

aXUEHN6.jpg

XfSg8Ji.jpg

Those are the original stores package creases!.

Size is 1.77m by 2.78m, we just measured it.

I'm somewhat loathe to post it overseas as I've had some bad experiances . Also I'd want the postage back. I'd be delighted to see it to go to a good home to be honest.

ATB

Tom

Tarptastic

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2021
Norfolk
Hey all,

I got my Auscam Hoochie from KitBag in Australia. It's really nicely made, solid. The only downside is the shipping (which is listed as about £50, but the nice guy at the store halved that for me, off his own back). Didn't have to pay any customs fees on this one.

They're reduced at the mo, so could take a look:

Eliott

Reactions: Fjellstorm

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
I know this is an old thread but I was googling these tarps and it came up. For anyone interested there is an Auscam Tarp on ebay currently.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE