Audubon guides now on iphone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
If you're in the US or visit the US and you are an iphone user, the Audubon Society has come out with a interactive version of their guides. The have specific guides devoted to Birds (naturally), trees, mammals and wildflowers.

Details are here:
http://www.audubonguides.com/audubon-iphone-app

I haven't used them yet, although I'll be downloading the one for trees later tonight. But in the video at the link above, they're touting cool features like being able to hear the birdcalls, entering a postal code to see the birds, trees and mammals native to that area (brilliant, that), and creative ways of searching the guides.

Now that the Audubon society has shown what creative thinking they can do in this space, I'd love to see the National Geographic Society do a similar thing with a global guide. Only NatGeo could bring culture, etc. into play as well as flora and fauna....

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE